Zumba video game?

Options
For all those out there that either own or have tried the Zumba Fitness video game (preferrably for the Wii)... How do you like it? I currently take 2 Zumba classes/week and am wondering how it measures up. I would like to do Zumba everyday.. but can't afford the classes!

Replies

• karlamw
    karlamw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too :))))
  • alandry1203
    Options
    i would like to know this also. i do it at the gym twice a week but want to do it more...
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but have a friend that does it and loves it. She highly recommends it and I'm planning on getting it.
  • valucarelli
    valucarelli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba is really fun! I have been doing it for about a month now. I try to do it 4 - 5 times per week. I am starting to get a little bored with it though. I will probably stick with it for another 3 or 4 weeks and then move on to something else. I've never been to a Zumba class, so I can't really say how it compares to a class. But it is a great workout to do at home!
  • Pal1981
    Options
    I have the one for Kinect and is amazing.
    Each song is about 5-6 minutes long, and it makes yousweat alright!!

After 20 minutes I was out of breath!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    we bought it on ps3 the wife hates it ........ :(
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best..im gearing up to go tomorrow. Im not sure where you live..but my classes are $5 per session..which is of course an hour or so. Ive never done it on the Wii...Im looking to purchase it within the next week or 2..but for now..the classroom setting works for me and keeps me motivated!..Good Luck
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't personally own it but I know some who do and they say it is great for when you can't get to a class. The class of course is going to be much more fun but I think i am going to get it soon as i can only get to a class two times a week and i would love to do it more.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have it for the WII also and Love it!! However I have not done any classes either so I can not compare it. sorry
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I want the Kinect so badly.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Zumba but my friend is a Zumba instructor and she says the Wii Zumba is great.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I want the Kinect so badly.
    i think we're gonna get one we have ps3 move also but kinect is way fun
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have it on the Kinect. The only difference I would assume would be one is with a controller and one is without. You will not be disappointed. I've been using my game for 2 weeks. I just took my first class this past Wednesday. The class was better because I learn new moves and there was people, but as far as the workout It is just as intense.You have to complete different levels in order to advance to longer workouts. I start to sweat during the warm-up.
  • jlhanks
    Options
    Zumba in a class is always better as the people around usually are the best motivators!! I have the Zumba Fitness game for the Xbox Kinect and really do like it. They have a Zumba Party section which is a 20 minutes workout so you don't have to keep stopping and restarting which keeps your heart rate up! It's really a good option to have at home when I can't get out to a class.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    We have Zumba for Wii and my neice and I love it! ... I burned about 400 calories in 1/2 an hour with it... it's fun!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I like the Wii game better than the class, but that's just me. I had a bad instructor, but the game is fabulous!
  • marianpp
    marianpp Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have it on the Kenict , and i do the 45 minutes on expert level and i need to say is so Awesome. I had my HRM and in 45 minutes i burned aroung 800 calories. I really recomend it. I also do the class and i can tell you the games are as fun as the class. Enjoy
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have it for the kinect and I LOVE, Love, Love it!! However, I have not done any classes either so I can not compare it. But the classes are so packed these days I rather stay home and sweat in the comfort of my house! It will make you sweat even at the warmup!!! It is so much fun you hardly notice your working out!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Zumba in a class is always better as the people around usually are the best motivators!! I have the Zumba Fitness game for the Xbox Kinect and really do like it. They have a Zumba Party section which is a 20 minutes workout so you don't have to keep stopping and restarting which keeps your heart rate up! It's really a good option to have at home when I can't get out to a class.

If you keep going it has two 45 minute levels after that. Those are the ones I do in the mornings.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for wii and I am sorry to report that I do not like it. I WANTED to love it- it looks fun and I love to dance!
    It is VERY hard to follow because the graphics are shadowed out, oddly-colored and small on the screen. It does not do a very thorough job of explaining tricky dance moves either; just barrels forward adding to the confusion. Maybe it's easier for someone who has attended actual Zumba classes, but I have not. I'm working out in front of a regular screen TV and not on one of our larger, clearer flat screen TVs, but even still, I think the game could have been created so much better and more vibrant, given the Zumba spirit. Very disappointed.

I like Wii Just Dance and Gold's Gym Dance workout MUCH better.