p90x and breasts

Options
This question is moreso for the ladies, but the guys are welcome to share tips.

I am startin p90x today, but am completly reluctant to do back and chest because well...I like my boobs. I don't want to hurt them. They are in good shape, I am really fortunate.

I know exercise reduces breast size, obviously, but...what are your experiences with p90x and your own boobs?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I too had the lose-the-boob-phobia. Boobs are fat and you, as a healthy lifestyle MPF-er, don't like fat. Do the work out and you will notice that your boobs get proportional with the rest of your body and still look proportionality the same.

Since starting p90x in april 2010, i've gone from a 36 E to a 34DD BUT they are way more perky and look better...do the work out
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    nooooooooooooooo...!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    3 things I really like :). I have no insight at all
  • sbrossa
    sbrossa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are many factors to consider with this. While most women would agree that a lot of exercise and weight loss in general will reduce your breast size but it's not due to what workouts you perform, It's all about your body fat %. Breast tissue is mostly fat. Therefore, the lower your body fat %, the less likely it will be carried in your breasts. However, genetics play the up most major role in how large your breasts are, and how much will remain as you lose weight. It really depends on your genetics as to how your body fat is dispersed. That is why there are so many "body types" out there. Some women hold all their weight in their stomachs, some hold it in their thighs and butt, some hold it in their upper body and arms. Really, there's no true way to blame an exercise program for what nature has in store. I will say, that muscle endurance workouts like P90X are overall great for your health. Working your chest WILL lead to a tighter more toned upper body, but it will not cause you to lose breast tissue if you are genetically meant to have it. Having more muscle on your body is worth the loss in breast tissue, if that were to occur, simply for the fact that muscle will improve your quality of life as you age, but your bra size will not improve how you feel. Think of it like that. Do you want health and fitness? Or do you want to look good for vanity reasons? Try listing out the reasons why you're getting in shape and see where that leads you. I am a woman, and I can identify completely. I've lost and kept off 80lbs, and I went from a 40DD to a 36D. But, I have used weightlifting as a means to shape my upper body in ways I never thought possible, and I can admit I am the best "me" I have ever been in my life.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    P90X hasn't changed the size of my breasts....That's cause they were basically all gone from previous workouts by the time I started...:laugh: haha...But seriously, working out/losing weight---some of that weight is going to come from that area weather you like it or not.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The only time I lost weight in my boobs were when I lost my weight, not from doin chest exercises. There is not connection between boob shrinkage and chest exercises. Chest exercises focus on the muscle in your chest, not the boobs themselves. You have nothing to worry bout. Do the exercises and if anything, it may appear to lift them a bit. The only way you can lose a cup size is to lose weight. After losin 75lbs I only went from a size 40D down to a size 36C. Not a big lost, however, it's only from losin weight not weight training. Do the workouts, it wont shrink your boobs!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback ladies. I have always thought I had small breasts, and then after years realized that my bra's just weren't fitting properly. I am a D cup...but last year I literally thought I was an A cup. So I have always had boob issues. I just don't want to go back to that A cup!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think age has to do a lot with it too. Last time I was the size I am now - I was a 32D now I'm a 32C but 10 years older. My husband's theory is - You have worked so hard to get thin - we can always buy new ones :)
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't do P90X but I do have a lot of boobies :) I do all the workouts and as I get smaller so does my bra size but what I have notice is that no matter what I do or how small I get I am still going to have larger boobs so now I am focused on getting the chest area toned so they can look great! So do all of the workout you will still look great!