Hello...Pizza

Options
Hey Everyone. I've had the app for a couple months, but just started seriously using it. I had Lose It! for Apple, but since they never ported it, guessed that this would be my new app. So, my opening dialog question to you all is, what in God's Green Earth are we supposed to count for Generic Pizzeria Pizza?

Replies

• amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When there are things that I am unsure of I tend to choose an option that has more calories than the rest. I would rather have more calories listed than less. Pizzeria's will make large pizza's so you may just want to take any fast food pizza shop and search out a large pizza with the toppings matching what your pizza had. This is the best advice I can give to you since not every single food shop will be listed on here. I hope that helps!
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I do too!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If I don't know the content of a food--- I don't eat it. I know that is not what you wanted to hear.
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i usually choose "pizza parlor pizza slice" -- you can search "parlor" and it shows up.
    im in nj so i figured that is nj/ny style pizza slice... but i had the same question as you.

so, how many calories are really in a slice of ny style pizza???????????
  • bigskinner
    Options
    i totally agree, when getting pizza from pizzeria's they fairly add the calories. better add more calories so that you know what you are working for, and try to add a bit more exercise in, so you dont feel guilty, cause you are burning it off. :)
  • AdditionalGenericUserName
    Options
    Yea, I figured I'd choose something bad for you like Pizza Hut, just to make up the difference. That's why I actually prefer chain out to eat places, because at least they have the nutrition values SOMEWHERE to be found.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    If I don't know the content of a food--- I don't eat it. I know that is not what you wanted to hear.

It may not be what we want to hear, but you look great! Can't argue with success.:wink:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of pizza and even though most list a cheese slice as 250 cals, I usually est. at 300. Add about 30-50 per meat topping and about 10-20 per non-meat topping. (Just so you know when searching the DB what cal count you are guesstimating at).

I know for a lot of people its easy to get intense about being exact for cal count, but it's all estimates anyway. Get as close as you can and just don't eat it everyday.
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I also find the largest amount of calories and add it. Because there are sometimes that you "just want a pizza". And remember this is a life time habit we are building!!!!