Noooo Energy...HELP!

Options
I have been watching my calories and working out for a month already, before that I was on a low carb diet. I started going to the gym for 2 weeks then started Insanity 2 weeks ago and now I am sleepy during the day and want to go to sleep by 8PM! I don't know what I'm doing wrong I eat my 1200+calories burned but I can't seem to have enough energy! I admit I need to drink more water...Is there anything else I should be doing? I was looking into taking protein shakes or vitamins but don't know which kind and I don't want to spend too much money that is why I don't use the shakeology. If anyone has had the same problem or can help me in any way I would really appreciate it...thx =)

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I am constantly yawing during work outs :( But then after I work out, I am not tired and can't go to bed until after midnight. It really stinks. Interested in hearing what others say...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I take a woman's one a day...try 12 almonds, that sometimes gets me through...sounds funny but it works
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I started keeping a journal of my low energy days, along with everything else I was doing...and everytime it was a day when I didn't get enough water. The time of the month definately effected it to, but not as much as my water consumption.

And I started Insanity 2 weeks ago also! Add me for motivation!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    How many hours do you normally sleep at night? If you make your food diary viewable maybe we could check it out and give some tips. B vitamins is one of the first things that come to mind for me.... :huh: :yawn:
  • bigskinner
    Options
    I have been watching my calories and working out for a month already, before that I was on a low carb diet. I started going to the gym for 2 weeks then started Insanity 2 weeks ago and now I am sleepy during the day and want to go to sleep by 8PM! I don't know what I'm doing wrong I eat my 1200+calories burned but I can't seem to have enough energy! I admit I need to drink more water...Is there anything else I should be doing? I was looking into taking protein shakes or vitamins but don't know which kind and I don't want to spend too much money that is why I don't use the shakeology. If anyone has had the same problem or can help me in any way I would really appreciate it...thx =)

hmmm, taking multi-vitamins might help. do you eat a big breakfast in the morning and are you in a constant routine with how you work out and what times you eat.
    another question is are you eating the right type of food to sustain your energy during the day? the low carb diet may have something to do with it aswell.
    would look at your eating styles and the low carb diet and see if you can tweak it with different foods, to see if there is a better effect.

hope this helps
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain plus I have a 1 year old that don't sleep through the night so then I am up with her trying to get her back to sleep. I take a MTV everyday and get them at target or walmart its a womens energy one day. Plus 2 cups of coffee durring the morning. It helps a little. IF you have break at work or something I would just close my eyes for like 10 mins that sometimes helps me. I am a SAHM but I have no time for naps for I have to clean the house and everything else while she is sleeping and the 5 yeold is at school.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    "I started keeping a journal of my low energy days, along with everything else I was doing...and everytime it was a day when I didn't get enough water. The time of the month definately effected it to, but not as much as my water consumption.

And I started Insanity 2 weeks ago also! Add me for motivation!"

VERY interesting! I hate water but that sure explains alot, adding you, thanks!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Take an iron supplement after you eat your breakfast (if you take it then it may not make you feel nausated) also eat more protein. I use to always be tired and wanna go to sleep @ 7pm then I went to the doctors and had my blood checked and found out I was border line to being anemic. Most women are anemic, especially if you don't eat enough iron rich foods, protein foods. Try that for about a week and see if that helps.
  • bella3232
    Options
    Drinking water helps me big time and also taking chromium. It helps stabilize blood sugar levels and I also find it curbs my sweet tooth.
  • barberella
    Options
    I take a Bee Pollen supplement..2 tablets (550 mg each) two times a day. Twice at breakfast, twice at lunch. It's a superfood and provides you with natural energy and helps speed up your metabolism. I got the bottle at Wal-Mart for 6 bucks. It definitely makes a difference.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I was surprised to find out I had an underactive thyroid so now I'm on a low dose of 25 mcg Synthroid and that has helped tremendously. I could have never dieted and exercised without it and when I tried didn't lose an ounce.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin everyday. It has really helped me. I am in bed every night around 9, but that is because I do my workout in the morning before work (before the babies get up). I also have 2 babies that don't always sleep throughout the night. I don't drink coffee, but I do have 1 can of diet soda with caffeine in the morning to jump start my morning.

4714135.png
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's the lack of water. I have days like that as well, but they're days when I've only had 6-7 cups the day before. When I feel like that, I try to get a bit of extra water (9 cups, usually) in that day and I force myself to go out for a walk, even if I walk a lot more slowly than normal.

4335266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help and advice! Seems like I really need to start drinking more water and maybe that might help. I have made my food diary public for now...let me know what you think I should do different. RIght now I get 7 hours of sleep and work out at 4:15PM.
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have to say it again, water ,water ,water! and cut out pre made meals! they are full of stuff that is really not great for you. Even the ones that are made for dieters!
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I get abt 7hrs of sleep...I have made my food diary public if you want to check it out! Oh and only drink like 4 cups of water a day.
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's all about the fruits and vegetables for me...if I don't eat a whole bunch, my energy dips. So I make smoothies with berries and bananas often, and have fruit with every snack. I even put apples in my sandwiches! :) Guess it's all about what each individual body needs...I hope you find out what it is for you very soon! :)