Feeling sick

tb99al
tb99al Posts: 6 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone else feel sick after working out? Ugghhh....I'm kinda new at the whole working out thing, but it's not very motivating to feel sick after working out! Why does this happen? Any ideas?

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Did you workout before eating anything? I have felt nausous a couple time after working out because I didn't eat.

4714135.png
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    It'll subside after you get 'used' to working out. I started with my trainer back on January 4th, and almost lost my cookies every workout. The nausea has subsided and I don't have it any longer.

She recommended a small protein snack about an hour before the workout. DON'T drink milk - that ends badly! ;)
  • depending on what I ate before I work out I sometimes feel dizzy or lightheaded towards the end or after my workout. It was really just trial and error for me - I had to figure out what I could eat and how long before to sustain me through my workout. I'm not someone who does well working out on an empty stomache.
  • JamieLinnert
    JamieLinnert Posts: 1 Member
    I actually get sick pretty often after working out. Even if I eat beforehand it doesn't help. Im not sure why it happens but I am hoping it gets better once my body gets used to getting all this extra excercise!! Good luck... Hang in there!
  • when i was bigger (245 lb) i did, because i was so sure if i didnt eat too much i would lose quicker, and the gym instructor told me off because i felt like i was going to throw up and faint, she told me to eat before i exercised. i did and never felt like that again
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Try eating a couple of slices of deli turkey breast before working out. If you don't want the expense of deli turkey, Butter Ball's "deep fried" turkey breast is relatively low in sodium. I eat 2 slices of that before I work out (because I like the taste better than deli turkey) and I walso eat either two fat free saltine crackers or 1 slice of Wasa Light n crisp and that usually staves off the dizzy and the sick.
This discussion has been closed.