Going back to work & exercising

Options
I am going to need help next week. I just got a job :drinker: and I'm afraid that I'm going to fall off working out and watching what I eat.

I've been wondering when the best time to exercise will be. I was thinking in the morning before everyone got up but I am SOOOO not a morning person :grumble: then I was thinking after work. But then I'm thinking....dinner, dishes, kids homework, etc...maybe that won't be such a good idea. By the time I'm done with everything I'd probably be to tired :yawn: and so unmotivated to do anything.

So, I guess what I'm asking is for the other working moms out there, when do you fit in your workouts?

Replies

• annabelmartinez
    annabelmartinez Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I go early morning because I get too lazy at night and too many people at the gym at night.... I am not an early morning person either but I force myself..... =)
  • meliamom
    Options
    I teach, so early morning workouts are out. I workout right after school or late at night. During this school year, I aim for two days during the week. And then I workout for at least an hour on Sat. and go for a long walk or jog on Sunday. I think the key is moderation or you will burn yourself out. And the days I don't work out, I have to be really careful about staying within my calories. Good Luck!
  • StephSmith2011
    Options
    I just can't get up early to exercise - my bed is way too comfy! So, I work out right when I get home from work, before dinner. I do this 3 days a week and the I work out on Saturdays too. I think it's helpful if the hubby or kids can help start dinner, or if I have something prepared ahead of time, then I'm more likely to stick with the workout longer rather than rushing to get through it. I've tried working out later in the evening, but it gave me insomnia, so this works well for me. Good luck to you!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like working out early before everyone gets up. I have also found that I feel more energized through out the day. Lately I have had to do my workouts in the evening after dinner and after my son goes to bed. I find that I am not as motivated to do it in the evenings, but I force myself to do it.