"dessert Yogurt"

Options
Am I the only one appauled by these? lol, Bostom cream pie...YOGURT....Rasberry cheesecake..YOGURT...ACK! I just cant do it, i think they are too sweet and weird me out! no offense to anyone who enjoys them, lol..but wondering if i am the only old school one who likes just plain ol yogurt, or fruit flavored?..I actually prefer greek yogurt...but i cant do the dessert type ones!

Replies

• mapnerd2005
    Options
    I can't stand those yogurts, especially yoplait. My favorite is Oikos Greek, and if I want to make it "dessert" I add a tsp of honey and 1/2 a teaspoon of lemon curd to make it a fruit dip. Usually I just mix some fresh fruit into the plain yogurt (blackberries are my favorite, but I like strawberry and banana too) and that makes it plenty sweet.
  • chellis76
    chellis76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a activia vanilla yogurt kind of person. lol. Never had these desserts yogurts though. Never had greek yogurt either, but gonna have to try because people seem to rave about it!!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, in Canada (Ontario, at least) we don't get much variety in our yogurts- those pie and dessert-flavoured ones are my treat when I head down to the States. I WISH we had more interesting flavours up here....

I do enjoy the plain ones more though, as I have yogurt each day. As a treat they're nice but I prefer a nice, simple vanilla flavour any day.

Quite often, mostly due to the lack of interesting flavours here, I will add cocoa powder and a teeny bit of sweetener to plain or vanilla yogurts to make my "dessert" yogurt. It's not overly sweet and the taste is a nice, deep chocolate flavour. Add instant coffee to that and you get a nice mocha yogurt with kick. Leave the coffee out and sprinkle some PB2 on that (I order that in cuz guess what? We don't get that in Canada either!) and you're in chocolate peanut-butter heaven without overpowering sugaryness :-)

*Oh, and fat-free greek yogurt is also delish :-)
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not like the dessert yogurt! It doesn't even taste like the actualy dessert. I stick with the fruit ones.
  • donyelebw
    donyelebw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Funny enough I like these "dessert" yogurts for a snack. I find that the sweetness is just enough to curb my sweet cravings which usually come in the afternoon. I also enjoy greek yogurt , I like to enjoy that in the morning as it leaves me feeling more full. Some of the pie flavored ones are over the top, but a break from the vanilla monotony is welcomed!

Isn't all greek yogurt fat free? Or is this a misconception?
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Isn't all greek yogurt fat free? Or is this a misconception?

Definitely not! I've seen Greek yogurts with almost 10g fat per serving! It is, however, delicious.
  • jeebsah
    Options
    I could never get into the "dessert" yogurts either. I try to eat as natural as possible. One of my methods for eating yogurt is I buy a big container of plain nonfat yogurt. At night I would take about 1 cup of yogurt and put in into a small (1 cup) container and mix it with some frozen fruit (frozen sweet cherries is my favorite) and stick it in the freezer overnight. The next I would let it thaw at my desk throughout the day to a temperature where it would be cold but not at a frozen texture - this way as it thaws the natural juices from the fruit would mix in with the yogurt giving it a natural sweet flavor
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I eat the Activia Dessert yogurt sometimes. Just for a change. My favourite yogurt though is vanilla or peach. My friend though buys this greek yogurt that has 20g of protein. Ive never had it but she says its really good and holy protein. She puts some peanut butter and a lil caramel in and uses it as a fruit dip.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I like the fruity ones best.....blueberry is my fav. :happy: