HAPPY TO BE A NEWBIE! - WEEK 2 AND MOTIVATED

Options
YES! I'M A NEWBIE AND HAPPY TO BE ON BOARD!:smile:

I was introduced to this site in late January by a very dear friend of mine and I must say I'm truly grateful for the knowledge she passed along. This site is AWESOME! I started MFP on Feb 1st and have been logging every day now. (Love the fact that this app is also available on my Droid 2... so that makes it all the better:glasses: ) So far I have lost at least 2 pounds and have decided to weigh in every Sunday. I've also passed this on to at least 10 other friends whom had expressed interest over the past year in getting healthy and fit for 2011. I have tried many different diets and training programs over the years losing successfully but always gaining the weight back plus some. The decision to do this is a lifestyle change which I'm commiting to... "change your mind and you can change your life"...SO TRUE! Its all about determination, will power, discipline, and a commitment to love yourself FIRST:heart: .

Looks like baby steps are working better for me. I'm adding a little bit at a time. Food was my focus on week 1 and then adding the 30 Day Shred during week 2 as my exercise has really helped my results, energy level, and motivation to stay focused. Next week my goal is to go to the gym at least 3 times per week and put in 30 extra minutes of cardio minimum (if I go and do more that's always a plus:happy: I have also committed myself to being more knowledgable about the weightloss/fitness process (weight training and cardio workouts, eating my calories burned, shopping healthy, understanding when to eat fruit, the importance of protein, carbs and fat, portion control and getting the water in... stuff like that.) But also passing on the knowledge and sharing what I learn to encourage others. Reading some of the post and blogs on this site also has been encouraging and an eye opener for me so I think this journey will be fun this time around.

Well I'm HERE! I know its just the beginning ...but please continue to encourage me along the way and I will do the same for you:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Looks like we started to change our life on the same day. I also started on Feb 1 but have only logged for almost a week now. Good luck on your journey.
  • amy0776
    Options
    Welcome!! I think you'll find that MFP is an awesome community of support, encouragement, and motivation!! :D Good luck to you!!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I'm fairly new here too and I'm loving it so far. Best of luck on your journey! Feel free to friend me!