DATE Night!!

I'm taking my 8-year old daughter on a "Mommy/Daughter Date." We're going to a movie and dinner. My daughter is so very excited, and so am I! But.... I'm SO worried that I'll be WAY over on ALL my numbers by the end of the night tonight. I need willpower!!!

Replies

• You'll do fine!! I found out then 2.5 cups of Orville Redenbacker's Ultimate Butter popcorn is only 63 calories for the whole bag. So don't worry about eating popcorn. Grab a water instead of pop or sweet drink. Maybe sneak in some healthy snacks with you. But I say it's a special occasion so you should go all out. Are you going the new Justin Beiber movie?
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    YES, we're going to the new Justin Bieber movie!!! LOL! My girl's so excited about that!! Thanks for your encouragement!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Bring your own snacks!
  • You can do it! Just think about how you'll feel after!!!! Share what you're doing with her too. My daughter is 10 and she knows I am trying to get healthy and it keeps me accountable to my promise to show her I can set a goal and keep it. Have fun!!!!!!

lol... I also might sneak some healthy rice cakes or something crunchy in to minimize buttery popcorn craving ;)
  • best thing ven, imo, is celery! You can have as much as you want. No Calories, no carbs, and it helps you get to your aily intake of veggies. I hardly ever meet my daily on fruits and veggies, but if there is celery in the equation.... lol. Plus, Its fantastically cruncky and if you spread a little bit of peanut butter with rasins on it...MMMmmm...time to go make me some! lol
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Definitely bring in your own snacks. Whenever I go to the movies I make popcorn at home (air-popped w/ a little butter spray). It is so good, and MUCH better than paying that outrageous amount at the theatre the popcorn is not that healthy. I even bring my own Raisinets, and a drink.

Have fun with your daughter!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    best thing ven, imo, is celery! You can have as much as you want. No Calories, no carbs, and it helps you get to your aily intake of veggies. I hardly ever meet my daily on fruits and veggies, but if there is celery in the equation.... lol. Plus, Its fantastically cruncky and if you spread a little bit of peanut butter with rasins on it...MMMmmm...time to go make me some! lol

I love ants on a log!!!
  • You'll do fine!! I found out then 2.5 cups of Orville Redenbacker's Ultimate Butter popcorn is only 63 calories for the whole bag. So don't worry about eating popcorn. Grab a water instead of pop or sweet drink. Maybe sneak in some healthy snacks with you. But I say it's a special occasion so you should go all out. Are you going the new Justin Beiber movie?

I beg to differ about not to "worry about the popcorn" If you are at home, and have air popped popcorn, then yes, it is a healthy snack, however, I find it pretty unlikely that anyone is taking their own popcorn into a theater.
    Please take a look at this link about movie theater popcorn! It definitely makes me think twice before grabbing a handful of popcorn when I am at the movies!!
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20091119/movie-theater-popcorn-a-calorie-bomb

Have a wonderful date night with your daughter! Have you picked out a restaurant yet? Research the menu beofre you go to find the healthiest options. If possible, eat before the movie, so you won't be hungry once you sit down to watch it. If you have to have something sweet, and only candy will do, pack a small serving of dark chocolate.
  • Definitely bring in your own snacks. Whenever I go to the movies I make popcorn at home (air-popped w/ a little butter spray). It is so good, and MUCH better than paying that outrageous amount at the theatre the popcorn is not that healthy. I even bring my own Raisinets, and a drink.

Have fun with your daughter!

You proved me wrong about not bringing your own popcorn to the movies! Awesome! All of the theaters piss me off so much about not bringing in outside food and drink.