More questions about burning calories

Options
Do you burn less calories when you're fitter because your heart is not working as hard? I've been tracking my burned calories with my HRM and lately I'm finding I'm burning less calories doing the same workout routine in the same amount of time. I am still giving it all I've got when I'm working out but I'm coming up about 20 - 30 kcal less than the last time I did the routine.

Does this mean I just need to even push myself harder?? Or is it a good thing that my heart is not working as hard as before when I exercise?

Replies

• StPattysGrl
    Options
    As you loose weight, you burn fewer calories. It's sucks! (in my opinion :)
  • iheartmemories
    Options
    You just have to change up your routine! Do something harder, push yourself to the limits :)
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is true. Your muscles are also getting used to the routines you're doing (since you've been doing 30 Day Shred/Slimdown workouts), you need to mix it up if you want to see a bigger burn
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    AND, another added bonus to getting more and more fit: You have to work harder to get your heart rate up!

BUT, that's okay. It's just proof that your body is changing and improving! =)
  • jjeckels
    Options
    One way that works for me is to incorporate a weight vest or weighted gloves into a few workouts each week...it keeps your body guessing! :bigsmile: