Green Tea

Options
So, I have always been a morning coffee drinker, but I want to start drinking green tea instead, or at least most of the time (I still enjoy a good cup of coffee).

What brand do YOU like the best?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The best green tea is bought loose and used in a steeping ball.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i like green tea with mint
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    no favourite brand for me but I definitely lean towards ones with a flavour or I add lemon juice since I dont care much for the taste on its own.....mint is definitely awesome! Just look out that its natural ingred.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Cost Plus World Market has a great selection of tea. Green , white and black tea in bag and loose.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love green chai, and green earl gray. I buy them from Adagio Teas online. Loose leaf teas have more nutrients and much better taste. They're also cheaper :). After switching to loose leaf, I can hardly drink tea bag tea.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    celetial seasonings i think is how u spell it....... but i buy salada brand green tea
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • rubytuesdaynz
    Options
    Good on you - I always try and buy the brands (which are different here in NZ) that have the most antioxidants becuase they do differ but it's still a great choice - I drink between 5-6 cups a day and love it :-)
  • darth151
    darth151 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best Green Tea is loose brewed in a china tea pot the poured through a tea strainer into a china mug.....Hmmm. Not sure what brands you have in the states but here in the UK I choose Tayors of Harrogate or Twinnings....
  • Gueros_Mommy
    Options
    i like the Lipton Green Tea with the different flavors.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    my favourite is jasmine green tea.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I personally drink loose leaf tea( oolong tea ), in particular i buy stuff from Taiwan. loose leaf is the best but that's just my opinion...lol
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a loose leaf called Tie-Guan-Yin, and I buy it at:

http://www.nmteaco.com/Tie-Guan-Yin_p_171.html

However, I also really like Trader Joe's green tea with mint.

The thing most people don't like about green tea is it can be bitter. That only happens if it is brewed with water whose temperature is too hot. It is best if brewed at 180 degrees F for 1 to 2 minutes only.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I have two Asian markets on my way home so I am very fond of loose leaf. Haven't found a tea I don't like but my regulars are Green, Oolong, Chai, White, Black. I can get pounds of leaves for the price per ounce of designer loose leaf. And, there is zero difference in taste. Jasmin Green is good to.

I got into Green tea powder and now pulverize most of my leaves in a spice grinder.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Stash brand Chai green tea... Yum!
  • hunny04
    Options
    Green tea in teabags isn't worth the money you pay.
    I love lose green tea varieties such as Genmaicha (green tea with roasted brown rice) or green tea with fresh mint leaves.

My all time favourite is Matcha green tea (pricey, but you only use 1/4 tsp at a time and is a once a day kind of tea). It is the whole leaf, dried and ground into a concentrated powder, which means you get the benefits of the chlorophyll too. Great on its own, cold, or as a green soya latte.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My husband and I drink Mighty Leaf green tea everyday, they have 2 different kinds where we shop (Whole Foods) and both are good.

In general, I would recommend buying something that is whole leaf, and you can also buy it loose as whole leaf and use those great little filter bags to brew it in your cup.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I personally drink loose leaf tea( oolong tea ), in particular i buy stuff from Taiwan. loose leaf is the best but that's just my opinion...lol

oolong tea is my new fav these days!
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    If you have a tea store where you can buy loose Tea, that is your best bet its in its natural form. Drinking a Litre of Green tea daily with lemon is mazing for detoxifying as well as boosting metabolism, also a tsp of MOTCHA a day gives an added boost. I have a hard time drinking Motcha by itself as the flavor is strong and very earthy, so I put it in my fruit smooties, on days that I have workouts, it boosts energy and metabolism. Your Tea sales person can definately educated you. Green tea comes in flavors also, I love loose tea and purchased a Bodum today to froth Almond milk to make my tea into a Latte, and if you need to sweeten us whole honey!! Good Luck