Bought asparagus...now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• kursejohn
    kursejohn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Steamed is great and very simple. Broiled in the oven with olive oil and balsamic and sea salt is also tasty. And lastly, raw is also great, especially in a salad or just eaten alone.
  • gmom81158
    gmom81158 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Steam with a little I can believe its not butter spray and sea salt if needed. Grilled outside or inside de-lish. I like to marinate in FF Kraft zesty Italian at times. I add it to omelettes, casseroles, soups- LOVE this stuff anyway but canned. LOL
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also put mine in the oven...400 degrees for about 15 minutes. I put balsamic vinegrette or italian dressing (reg. or light) on it before baking...It is one of my favorites and I have eaten the whole bunch! Love the Forman grill idea, I have never tried it but I will!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Hold your nose when you pee!!!

:laugh: so true
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The grilled/baked with olive oil is super yummy but so is wrapping 5-6 stems in a piece of turkey bacon then bake it. So good!!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    My fave way to cook it is to wash them and bend till they break naturally, then put them on a cookie sheet and put olive oil on them, turning to coat with sea salt and bake them in the oven...soooo tasty, I've eaten a whole bunch like this with chicken before cause it's so yummy...when I take em out of the oven I put them on paper towel (and cover with paper towel) to get off any excess oil. Good luck!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    The grilled/baked with olive oil is super yummy but so is wrapping 5-6 stems in a piece of turkey bacon then bake it. So good!!

I've never tried that, but it sounds fantastic! I'm so going to try that, thanks :wink:
  • LizzetteRamirez
    LizzetteRamirez Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hold your nose when you pee!!!

So, so funny!!:laugh:
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I bake it with lemon. Yum! Squeeze a whole lemon over them and then throw the lemon wedges right in the pan and bake it.
  • ppais35
    ppais35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Grilled on a pan with some olive oil spray, u can toss some basil and parsley. Toss it up in the pan until your fork goes thrue - Its delish - stays crispy - yummy!! BON APPETITe
  • marinamoreno
    Options
    I'm so glad I saw this! My fiance and I just recently tried grilled asparagus and it was amazing! It's so far (besides carrots and green beans) the only veggie that I will eat! Can't wait to try some of the suggestions on here. Thanks! :)
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Grill or bake with a little olive oil and sprinkle Mccormicks grill mates garlic and onion melody on them delicious!