Hi there, another new starter with a long way to go

Options
Hi everyone, hoping I can make a few new friends here and get some inspiration and a kick up the bottom when I want to be bad and eat rubbish!
I'm 34 from the North of Enland and a children's nurse. I've always been big, it just dawned on me recently that I've never known what its like to be slim, what its like to go into any clothes shop and pick up something easily and know it will fit. I kind of fancy experiencing that!
Anyway I have really enjoyed looking over this website today, give me hope that there are people that can support each other and an application that can make everything a bit more simple.
Alison x

Replies

• Enduranze3
    Enduranze3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I too have a loooong way to go but we can do it!
  • marrtini
    Options
    Absolutely there are people on here to support you. I have over a hundred pounds to go .. it seems so daunting at first, but ... break it into smaller pieces and you will not feel so overwhelmed. Work a little at a time, step by step and day by day and you will start to feel better, healthier and stronger.

When you are feeling like you need support, ask, we are here for you! We all know what its like
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    This is a great place to start, so welcome! I had a long way to go, but I'm soooo much closer than I was, so now I only have a short way to go!
  • terryhuff
    Options
    welcome! i really enjoy this site i have lost 8 lbs in ten days on this site! if you eat what they allow and dont go over you will loose fairly quickly! good luck to you! if you want to add me as a friend i am more than happy to give support in any way i can!
  • kel516
    Options
    Welcome!

3 weeks old to the site but I am loving the tools they give you. How do you add friends though?
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Congrats for starting your healthy lifestyle goals! You will love it here!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a long way to go as well. You'll definitely find lots of support here. Good luck on your journey!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Alison! It's good to see more folks "from across the pond" on this site. I am about a third of my way to my goal and have never been more motivated. This site is one of the main reasons! Take full advantage of the tools on this site, lean on us "incredibly shrinking people" for support, and do your part with your calorie intake and exercise and you will get there! I will send you a friend request...

Take care!!
  • Alisonb8
    Options
    I really appreciate all of your support and I give you all mine if I can!
    Alison
  • lindainak
    Options
    Welcome! This site along with my Physicians Assistant testing my thyroid, I have actually started losing weight. Can't lose weight if your thyroid is not working. It is strongly suggested that any woman over 35 have a blood test to check your thyroid especially if you have difficulty losing weight and have trully tried.
  • jennigriff
    Options
    Welcome aboard! There are many lovely people here to give you support. :)
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    This is a great spot for pretty much all your weight loss needs and a great support group too.
    Deb:happy:
  • kel516
    Options
    I forgot to ask.... I am currently on a 1200 calorie intake per day but was thinking about doing a 1000 calorie intake? What are your thoughts?