Zumba video game?

Options
2»

Replies

• sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a new workout and have seen the Zumba commercials. I am not very coordinated or good at dancing/choreography moves. I was wondering if I should try Zumba or if it would just frustrate me. Anyone else who is uncoordinated try it?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a new workout and have seen the Zumba commercials. I am not very coordinated or good at dancing/choreography moves. I was wondering if I should try Zumba or if it would just frustrate me. Anyone else who is uncoordinated try it?

The good things about it is that it is repitetious. You might not get it completely the 1st 6 times your do it but you will have fun trying and burn a lot of calories doing it.
  • arsmith78
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and like it! I LOVE my classes better especially the one class I take with my favorite instructor but its always better live and in person with other energetic people but the game is still fun, great workout and yes I do sweat doing it. I jumped right into playing it and skipped tutorial and was fine with all the moves, but if you aren't familiar with all the moves then I would suggest doing the tutorials first.

It doesn't have the best menu interface but once you figure it out its okay. The animated instructor doesn't call the moves either she will do some motions but for the most part you just watch and follow along....there will also be arrows on the floor by her feet and that helps to know which way to go...I didn't notice them the first few times I played. LOL. If you can find it instock online at Wal-Mart its only $30, $40 in store. ;-)

Again, overall its fun and a good sub for the real thing, takes some getting use too and its only as fun as you make it as with anything in my opinion! Let us know if you get it and what you think! Have fun and ZUMBA LOVE to you!!!! ;-)
  • ISalazar16
    ISalazar16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have it for the xBox and love it! It really makes you sweat and its fun at the same time.
    I have the one for Kinect and is amazing.
    Each song is about 5-6 minutes long, and it makes yousweat alright!!

After 20 minutes I was out of breath!
  • MeggieBoo85
    Options
    I wanted to learn Zumba after a friend got it for her Playstation Move.....I read up on the Wii game and the reviews were hideuous...the best reviews were for the playstation move...which I dont have so I got on the site and bought the video with the toning sticks. GREAT MOVE My friend with the game says that the DVDs are AWESOME compared to the games. Basically the games dont break the moves down the way the videos or classes do and you are just left "wiggling" your way through the game instead of doing the moves correctly.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I wanted to learn Zumba after a friend got it for her Playstation Move.....I read up on the Wii game and the reviews were hideuous...the best reviews were for the playstation move...which I dont have so I got on the site and bought the video with the toning sticks. GREAT MOVE My friend with the game says that the DVDs are AWESOME compared to the games. Basically the games dont break the moves down the way the videos or classes do and you are just left "wiggling" your way through the game instead of doing the moves correctly.

The videos are just so slow to me. They stop too much & slow down my heart rate. I get fustrated lol. The Kinect Zumba reviews are terrible but I haven't experienced any of those problems. I think some people aren't able to get it because they don't take their time to learn. Its repetitious just like in the class. What you don't pick up the first time around you pick up the 2nd or 6th time. And the game and Zumba Fitness are by the same people. So a lot of the moves are the same.
  • KOlmert
    KOlmert Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I bought the game for the WII and i dont like it. I feel like I am more concerned about matching the moves to the game that I dont really get a workout like i do when I just do the DVDS. But that may just be me! Good luck on your journey!!!!!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    game zumba is easier than class zumba, but just as fun

don't worry about matching the "Green" all the time, its not that accurate, just bust a move :P
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the info! I did end up buying the game! I like it a lot! It is a great substitute for my classes and makes me sweat! I can see how some peope might think it was hard to follow along... It sort of is... but I think it will get easier to follow the more you do it. Anyways, Thanks again for the feedback! I really appreciate it! And Good Luck to all of you in your journey!