Chocolate Omelette; Fat Free and Protein-Packed! (Microwave)

Options
agataarchangel
agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
I made this one night as a quick-fix dinner after craving chocolate pancakes, or ANYTHING chocolatey all day. As a bonus, it is packed with protein- about 28 grams altogether- so it's great for your body. Topped with PB2 this is to-die-for! A chocolate/PB-lovers treat without the guilt! Enjoy :-)

1 cup egg white
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate mix
1 Packet Artificial Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons flour or 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate cake mix OR pancake mix.
Top with : 2 tablespoons sugar-free jam or 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (PB2)

1 Giant Serving: TOTAL CALORIES: About 360!!!

-Whisk together all ingredients until you obtain a uniform consistency, and no lumps remain.
-Pour into pasta bowl, or curved plate so that the mix is relatively the same depth throught (deepest part of the mix should be no more than 1 inch thick to ensure it cooks evenly).
-Microwaves vary, but I nuked my omelette at 50% power for 6-7 minutes and it came out evenly cooked and smelling delicious. I tested it by touching the middle part and making sure it felt a little firm to the touch (no liquid mix remained underneath the cooked portion).
-Top with Jam or Jelly, or PB2. Whatever you like. 5 Indulge and enjoy!

Lemme know what you think!

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds good!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!!
    I've never heard of powdered peanut butter...where do you get that??
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • agataarchangel
    Options
    OMG, PB2 (Powdered peanut butter) is AMAZING. Unfortunately it is not available here in Canada :'-(, so I order it online from Bell Plantation. I order several jars at a time and go through the stuff like crazy- adding it to recipes, shakes, or just adding water and using it instead of peanut butter.

It is 45 calories/2 Tbsp and only 1.5g of fat. Seriously, I feel like I hit the diet jackpot when I started buying this stuff....all the goodness of peanut butter minus the fat.

Try it out!

BTW, total newbie moment, but what's *bump*? :blushing:
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    BTW, total newbie moment, but what's *bump*? :blushing:

I had to ask too. :laugh: Bump just moves the thread back up to the top of the category and puts that thread in your recent activity in your profile. That way, if you don't have time to read now or want to come back later for any reason, it's easier to get to.
  • agataarchangel
    Options
    Aaaah, great. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • racheltrantham
    Options
    Bump!! I love PB2! I go through it like crazy
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That sound great!

Can you get PB2 in the stores? I've never heard of it.
  • agataarchangel
    Options
    I order it through the Bell Plantation website, because it's not available here in Canada.
  • marinamoreno
    Options
    Try going here:
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products/locator
    It will tell you if there are any stores around your area that sells PB2....IT'S AMAZING! I just discovered it a few weeks ago and I am hooked!