43 year old tired of being fat!

Options
Hi all! My name is Misi Savage. I am a 43 year old wife and mother. I have four kids, 20, 19, and 8 year old twins. One would think that since I have all that going on I would be nice and trim. NO! But, I am working on it.

Here for the encouragement and great ideas that I am sure will be on these boards.

Have a great day!

Replies

• cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welocme and feel free to add me as a friend !!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have 4 kids as well and know what you mean. This site has helped me a lot as I'm sure it will help you too. Good luck on your journey!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I think it's harder to eat well/healthy when you have kids and so many other's likes/dislikes to think about. So, kudos to you for being ready to make a change! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    You're starting younger than I did. I'm here to tell you it's totally worth it!!! Kudos and good luck to you =)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    We are in a similar place. I am 46 and the mom of 4 kids, 18, 15, 13, and 5. I've been on here for almost a month and have lost 9 pounds. Great site. Send me a friend request if you'd like. Good luck!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Misi Savage. I am a 43 year old wife and mother. I have four kids, 20, 19, and 8 year old twins. One would think that since I have all that going on I would be nice and trim. NO! But, I am working on it.

Here for the encouragement and great ideas that I am sure will be on these boards.

Have a great day!

Well you came to the right place...welcome. Would love to be your friend!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome Misi! I'm also new to mfp. I'm a 46 yr old mother of 2 boys. I have struggled with my weight all my life. Lose it gain it back, etc. Time for me to lose it for good! I know with friends it works much better because if you are down, you have someone to encourage and lift you up:) Feel free to add me. We can do this!!!!!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to friend me. I've lost 11 lbs so far. It's definitely a journey, and MFP helps a TON.
  • LauraHe
    Options
    Good Luck, I just joined a few days ago also! Let's be friends and keep each other going!

Congrats for taking the first step......
  • suszieq55
    suszieq55 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a really great site. Feel free to add me.