What to eat after calorie blasting workout??

Options
I'm doing P90X and just burned 801 calories doing one of the videos. I don't have the P90X Protein Shakes or any supplements, whats the best food I should be eating after a calorie blasting workout like that??? I really don't know what will be the best choice. HELP!

Replies

• katiebugjankovsky
    Options
    I would eat 1/2 C of oatmeal 2 tbsp of Natural Peanutbutter and 1 scoop of a low carb low cal Whey Protein
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk :drinker:
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    LOTS and lots of protein
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X and just burned 801 calories doing one of the videos. I don't have the P90X Protein Shakes or any supplements, whats the best food I should be eating after a calorie blasting workout like that??? I really don't know what will be the best choice. HELP!

Until you get the P90X Results and Recovery Shake, I suggest 1% or skim chocolate milk. It has the same 4 to 1 Carbs to Protein Ratio, just not all the other good stuff.
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Something with a high content of protein.... the higher, the better.

Protein shakes will probably give you the biggest blast, regardless of which one you choose.

Most fish and lean meats are great sources of protein, too.

When I'm pressed for time, I'll drain a can of tuna and add it to a tossed salad or even have it alone.

Having veggies with your protein can help you assimilate the protein faster, as well.

Hope this helps.....
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'd eat some trail mix, protein shake, anything that will replenish what you lost...take your vitamins too!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, which p90x video was that? I've started it and don't have the $ to get something to measure my calories burned, and I'd been pegging it as no more than 300 calories. Maybe I'm not working has hard as you are :)
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    Holy crap, which p90x video was that? I've started it and don't have the $ to get something to measure my calories burned, and I'd been pegging it as no more than 300 calories. Maybe I'm not working has hard as you are :)

Girl, the LEGS & BACK video. All of my other workouts this week have been between 230 and 388 calories. For some reason, this one just worked me twice as hard! So i was excited! I thought i wasn't working enough this week. A Heart Rate Monitor at Walmart can cost you only around $20 or so! Totally worth it. You'll no exactly what you're burning. So..everyone says P90X is predicted to do 600 cals each DVD...but mine would have been completely off, since the first 4 days I was only getting around 300 also.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome...I tend to add some cardio to some of the workouts and/or do them faster than Tony says...this gets my calories burned up there. I drink EAS 100% Whey Protein shakes after I work out. Sometimes I add blueberries or strawberries to it (23 g of protein and 130 cal. per scoop). Then I eat a banana.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    this is a good article: articles.elitefts.com/articles/rehabilitation/how-do-you-recover/
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Think Thin protein bars. Most of them are really good (I love the chocolate fudge or white chocolate chip) and they have 20grams of protein and sugar alcohol instead of sugar.