P90X Calories burned

Options
I know you can't tell me how many calories i'm burning because I know it verys from person to person. I also don't have an HRM although I am looking into buying one. But I was wondering if anyone knew just the gist of how many calories I could possibly be burning with P90X? I just don't want to overshoot it. I also see people who are buring more then 2,000 caloires with in an hour doing other exercizes and I was wondering is that even possible? These are just some questions i've been wondering. TIA.

Replies

• ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I'm curious to know as well since I don't have a HRM yet
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I've heard its about 600 cals per hour and slightly lower for the yoga disk.. I'm not positive though.
  • Lowfatbrownie
    Options
    i put the calithstetics for my p90x workout today was my first day i think im might pick the workout that closely relates to what i did that day.but i think the HRM many be the key (i dont have one myself).hope i helped

friend me if you like and keep bringing it
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't personally know the guy, but I have exchanged a few words with him online. Mark Briggs, the guy who came out on P90X+ along with Tony Horton, and one of the oldest coaches from BeachBody, he works out with higher intensity than P90X and he states he burns around 1000 to 1200 calories per workout. The guy is a machine, so seeing someone saying that they burn 2000 calories with P90X makes me doubt big time the equipment they're using to measure the calories completely off.

When P90X was done and the company hired a nutritionist to design the diet for the workout system, they stated that the average amount of calories burned was 600 per workout.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. A HRM is really needed to know what you are burning. Without, you could be off by as much as 200-300 calories.

I burn between 780 - 1000 calories per workout. A few other people on here that I follow burn more than that, and others burn less.
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    For me, I would burn about 300-400 calories doing Chest/Back, Shoulders/Arms, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, or Back & Biceps (all including the Ab Ripper X). On Legs/Back with Ab Ripper X, I would get between 500-550.

With Plyometrics, I usually burned around 600. The first time I did it, I burned closer to 700 calories, but it was never that high again. I never wore my HRM during yoga, and I never did Kenpo (swapped it out with a little higher intensity cardio kickboxing).. I just couldn't break enough of a sweat doing Kenpo.

I hope this helps!
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 203 lbs. My heart rate watch tells me i burn anywhere from 450-800 depending on how hard I am working. In other words, on the days I am too sore or not working to my potential, my watch sure lets me know :)
  • JodyDawkins
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I've heard its about 600 cals per hour and slightly lower for the yoga disk.. I'm not positive though.

You're right about that. It's approximately 600 cal per workout. That's the expectation set in the nutrition guide and one of the factors in calculating your caloric need.
  • hardybelle83
    Options

I agree with this general estimate. It is what was used when figuring out the caloric needs in the nutrition guide.
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    Great minds, atgjody... great minds! LOL
  • Anna19911
    Options
    Thanks for the replys! And I ment people are saying there burning over 2,000 calories doing other exercises other then P90X and I was just wondering if thats possible. But I'm guessing it is.

But anyways I've been putting down 300 calories burned for each session wether its an hour or an hour and a half..
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If someone is saying they are burning 2,000 calories an hour they are lying to themselves.
  • jodee2011
    Options
    http://p90xcalories.com/ Try this link