How often should I weigh myself?

Options
Is it once a week? :]
How often do you get on the scale?

Replies

• cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    They say once a wekk because your weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day but I personally can't help but step on it almost every morning. (just to make sure I am still on track)
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    That's all I do ...Once a week!! Doing it too often will discourage you due to weight fluctuation.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Same here. I record my weight once a week though.
  • tracyL88
    Options
    i do it every 15 days i found by doing it every week or everyday i don't see as drastic changes so i lose motivation if i do it every 15 days i see more change and i remain motivated :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    It will only discourage you if you are bothered by seeing NORMAL weight fluctuation. If you can step on the scale and NOT be bothered by seeing a pound or two up (because you know you are eating well and staying within your calorie goals), then there's nothing wrong with weighing daily. And there are studies that show that people that weigh more often are actually more likely to lose more and keep the weight off.
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    I weigh in every two weeks on the same set of scales in he same place :)
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Me too.
  • Braffert
    Options
    I seem pretty neurotic now... I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and at the very end of the day. Now I know approximately how much I shift from day to day, so if I see minor setbacks, I can count on a better number in the morning.
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    They say once a wekk because your weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day but I personally can't help but step on it almost every morning. (just to make sure I am still on track)

ME TOO...I pray everyday LORD please help me not to look at the scale TODAY...needless to say I just don't make it pass 2 days...I feel like the scale has become my drug of choice and i don't even do drugs!

But you really should only weigh in once a week...even though I look daily I only log EVERY Mon - weigh in same time every Mon morning 5:40ish AM with the same clothes (none sorry to gross ya' out) and log that gain or loss I log it.
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    Okay! Thank you.
    I was planning on weighing myself once a week,
    but yesterday I decided to get on the scale and it said I lost 3 lbs.
    And I just wasn't sure if it was because of weight fluctuation or not.
    But I'll just track my weight loss once a week!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I weigh in 2 times a week.. Mon and Fri... but its always the same time..
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It will only discourage you if you are bothered by seeing NORMAL weight fluctuation. If you can step on the scale and NOT be bothered by seeing a pound or two up (because you know you are eating well and staying within your calorie goals), then there's nothing wrong with weighing daily. And there are studies that show that people that weigh more often are actually more likely to lose more and keep the weight off.

This. I love my fluctuations. Let's me know where I'm at depending on what I did. Makes a nice graph line. It's a steady decrease.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That's all I do ...Once a week!! Doing it too often will discourage you due to weight fluctuation.

Agreed, once a week MAX if you want to maintain your sanity!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Me too.

me three :D x
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in a weird situation because I'm in a medical study that requires I weigh in on Monday nights, but I also weigh in at home on Friday morning. I prefer once a week because I don't want to spend my life obcessed with weight - especially a number on the scale. I want to keep track of my weight, but live my life. For me, changing an obcession for food with an obcession for weight loss is not a lifestyle change (at least, not one I want). I want to try and find balance in all areas of my life - weight being part of but not my whole life story.
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    I'm in a weird situation because I'm in a medical study that requires I weigh in on Monday nights, but I also weigh in at home on Friday morning. I prefer once a week because I don't want to spend my life obcessed with weight - especially a number on the scale. I want to keep track of my weight, but live my life. For me, changing an obcession for food with an obcession for weight loss is not a lifestyle change (at least, not one I want). I want to try and find balance in all areas of my life - weight being part of but not my whole life story.

I like this. :]
    That's what I needed to hear ha! Last year, I tried dieting--let's just say i wasn't doing it the healthy way!
    I was obsessed with weighing myself, and always obsessed with everything that is put into my mouth.
    Then when I finally lost some weight I just gained it all back 10x worse.
    So, I don't want that to happen again!
    I need to do it in a healthier way. :]
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Me too.

me three :D x

ditto....i RECORD once a week lol