Week 6 - I'm Addicted!!

Options
To begin, I am not entirely sure that it has been six weeks. I guess it depends on where I count from. I decided over Christmas that enough was enough and I needed to regain control of my weight and health. By January 3, I was committed and signed up for a class at my local Y that began January 10. The class is called Move It To Lose It and is more than "just a class". We began by being weighed and measured and throughout the class (it meets twice a week) we do different cardio and strength exercises. We are weighed each Monday, and each person commits to themselves what level of effort they bring to the class. We are asked to do cardio 5 days and strength 2 days a week. In addition, we are required to log everything we eat to discuss how we can improve. It was in that week on the 13th, that I discovered MFP. I asked our instructor if it would be okay if I used this "online thing" that I found.

Since then I feel like I have become obsessed with tracking my exercise and logging my food! I have decided that I will workout 6 days a week and 3 days of strength. I have held my ground, done my work AND I have lost the most in the class to date. I kept sharing my enthusiasum for MFP and a few gals have joined! Now they too are having fun tracking everything they eat!
Last week, I lost 5 pounds!!! I was so happy, but I am also so nervous. I want to keep the weight loss going, and I get anxious when I don't exercise. Yesterday was my first "off" day in seven. I felt sluggish, tired and like a sloth for not going to the gym. I spent most of the morning at work today thinking about how excited I was to get to the gym today (right after work). Once there, I decided to kick it up a notch (in the back of my mind I was thinking I needed to make up for missing yesterday).

This weekend is very busy with lots of kid stuff going on. On my agenda is MAKING 36 CUPCAKES decorated for Valentines day. We have a big event on Sunday to which I am bringing them. We are busy Saturday picking up GIRL SCOUT COOKIES and filling my house with them! My son, has a big Quiz Bowl event on Saturday - so btwn picking up and sorting COOKIES, attending the tournement on Saturday, what am I worried about, you ask? WHEN will I get to the gym..I have been planning and strategizing what time to get up to go so I can still pick up COOKIES, and get to Saturday's event. Sunday's event is pretty much an all day affair, as I have to be there at 11:00 to help set up.

I must boast at this point. I have multi-talented children who will be singing and playing instuments at this fundraising event for their music department, a mandatory event, that I would not want to miss. Now I have decided I must go to Mass on Saturday evening because why? I need to get to the GYM on Sunday before the all day event (that includes TONS OF REFRESHMENTS, COOKIES, AND CUPCAKES!)

It seems that all I can think about is how much in, how much out? Is it enough? Do you think after burning almost 2000 calories today that I dare eat a cupcake? half of one? When I make them, or at the event?
I truly don't want to hear from people: "You shouldn't have that in your house". I do. Moreover, I don't want to live on an island where cupcakes are forbidden, who doesn't love a fabulously decorated valentine cupcake? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Replies

• timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I say yes....everything in moderation!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    uve worked damn hard for ur treat so have it!!

enjoy it hon :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My two cents:

Yes have the cupcake!!! Especially if you "earned it" by working out and being so active throughout the day that you burned 2000 calories. ENJOY the heck out of that cupcake. No guilt and no regret.

I have a problem with people who say you shouldn't have this or that in your house, or you should ban cookies, etc. LIfe is about learning to be flexible. Eating healthy and getting to a healthy weight isn't just about the number on the scale- its about your relationship with food, and your intelligence about calories in calories out. Have a FABULOUS weekend, and celebrate your children and your success. Coming to this mindset is just as successful as dropping weight on a scale or finding a smaller pant size.

:)
  • jcburroughs
    Options
    eat the cupcake its worse to obsess over not having the cupcake. i decided to cut out my favorite treat sugar cookies, i started dreaming about them and obsessing i was miserable, broke down and ate 5 from subway. ive learned to treat my treat like a treat and enjoy a little when i have the urge.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Alrighty Then!!! Be watching my diary for a cupcake!!! Thanks for all of the responses!! 'ppreciate it much!! :heart: