FED UP!

Options
Hi My Name is Nakisha, I'm a 29 year old female From NY. I have had a battle with my weight for years. I lose but I'm not able to keep the pounds off. I'm sick & tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready to lose this weight and keep it off for good.

Replies

• rachel1975f
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place, if you want to get the weight off. Tracking your calories and exercise really works wonders. Good luck on your weight loss goals. If you would like a friend to help motivate you, feel free to add me. You can do this!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good luck ... this is a great site for support and inspiration
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    come on Nakisha put your mind to it and it can be done :)

just keep a track and be honest with what you track

Good Luck
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    This is the place to be. Welcome. I have been much the same way, and have come to realize that I am probably going to have to count my calories all my life, even when I switch to maintaining my weight loss. I hope you have success.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Keeping weight off is a long-time process. When we lose track of what we're eating, we lose track of what we're doing to maintain weight loss. Stay strong. Stay positive. And most of all, stay patient. It will take time, but lifelong goals require lifelong changes.
  • Gemini73
    Options
    Hi Nakisha, I too have had a battle with my weight for years, I dropped 5 stone after having my daughter 5 years ago and managed to keep it off until towards the end of 2010 when it started to creep back on. I was horrified to find last christmas that I had grown out of all my jeans and knew I had to do something before I piled all the 5 stone I had lost back on as it is I have put a stone and 8lbs back on. I tried dieting after christmas and was putting weight on not losing it and then a friend started here so I had a look, liked what I saw and joined and I have now lost 3lb so I think that this will work for me and help me keep it off long term. Here's hoping it works the same for you. Good Luck xxxx
  • annmargaretdavis
    Options
    I to have battled! I think support is the key for me. If you want to try it add me as a friend. Don't give up, this is your life!
  • Nakisha81
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Reading your comments has bought happy tears to my eyes. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm not sure how to add you, i'm still getting to know the site.
  • nlfrancis
    Options
    You can do it! I lost 40lbs 15 years ago and have kept it off by working hard and watching what I eat. I finally decided to lose those last 10lbs that I gave up on losing all those years ago and this site has really helped me stay motivated and keep myself accountable. Let people know what you are doing, and have a good support system around you - if it wasn't for my friends and family I don't know if I would have the motivation to go for those last 10.

Don't ever take your eye's off your goals and you will reach them before you know it :-)