Just curious, anyone?

Options
I know as soon as some of you read this your probably going to think, "another ab comment yeesh:grumble: "

But i am just curious, my trainer friend, countless magazines, articles online, websites deicated to fitness all of them say to flatten your belly pull your belly button to your spine. Along with 10 million exercises or comments to the effect of you cant spot target or some such mess.

My comment/question is how?

Yes i know that also sounds silly but let me explain, I think about it and suck in the gut. Ok good ok fine.

but as soon as i get distracted say a phone call a friends talking to me...or something else equally as mundane i forget :grumble: and don't remember until i stand up again. thats another thing i usually dont remember when i'm just sitting down.

So i guess my question for the rest of you still reading this silly-ness is how do you remember, or any advice?

My stomach is about the only part that i think has NOT lost any inches. :sad: Seems bigger to me but that can't be right.

Replies

• johnnyfit00
    Options
    Pulling your bellybutton in not only makes your midsection seem smaller at the time, but by doing it you are raining your transverse abs at the same time (the deep muscles that attach to the spine) so you are "teaching" your abs to be pulled in while improving your core strength. If you can do this (along with squeezing your shoulder blades together) all day, you'll be on your way to better posture, improved muscle balance and better health. A way to remember to do it is even as your clothes get bigger, think about squeezing into a tight pair of pants and hold it. Eventually, it becomes natural again (yes, that is how you should be)...hope that helps.
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't know what you're reading, but take this as food for thought:
    ''Researchers at the University or Virginia found that it takes 250,000 crunches to burn 1 pound of fat - that's 100 crunches a day for 7 years. So simply working the muscles buried beneath your gut won't give you a six-pack. Your best strategy for fat loss is to work all the muscles of your body, spending most of your time training the big muscles of your lower body and back. That's because the more muscles you work, the more calories you burn.''

Your body may just be the type to accumulate fat on your stomach, so until you get rid of all of the other fat, it may not seem to be going away.