Alcohol?

Options
Right. So I don't know about y'all, but I'm 21 and enjoy the occasional drink (or two, or three, or five).
I don't drink beer - I'm strictly a liquor gal. The only thing is, I don't drink liquor straight. I need a mixer! With dark liquors I prefer coke, and with light liquors I prefer sprite/7-up. But these are high in calories...
I'm trying to think of alternatives other than sodas - maybe juice, but that's high in sugar.

What do y'all drink?

oh, also - I don't drink diet ANYthing, nor do I consume anything with aspartame, acesulfame, sucralose, etc. I prefer not to put those chemicals in my body. Besides, they taste bad :P

I hope I don't sound like an alco ... ha!

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    tonic water???? soda water.... those r the only 2 i can think of if u aint into diet sodas :smile:
  • spawngo
    spawngo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do love a good gin and tonic :)

what would you normally drink?
  • emh009
    emh009 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i am right there with you on the drinking thing, except i love diet coke. I know it's not good for me, but it's one of my weaknesses. So for me, my go to mixed drink is a rum and diet. But if you want to go the non diet route, your best bet is probably a rose kennedy: vodka with soda water and a splash of cranberry. The soda water will cut the calories way down but you still get that bubbly fruity taste. Just whatever you do, avoid shooters! A Kamakazie can have 200 calories in it.. Not good!
  • spawngo
    spawngo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oh wow! that rose kennedy sounds delish! I'm definitely going to have to try it! thank you :)
  • xtophercaa
    Options
    How about a nice gin & tonic with a lime? Tonic water isn't very bad calorie-wise? 1 cocktail might end up being close to 170 calories though.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    rum + diet coke for me :D
  • ardnassac
    ardnassac Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can't vouch for this quite yet, but I bought sparkling seltzer water with lemon/lime twist at the grocery store. I tried the vodka soda with a lime last weekend, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I am going to try this hoping it has more flavor!

It is Canada Dry, No Calories, no sodium etc. Here's hoping it is delicious! I will let you know after the weekend.
  • Hoplost
    Hoplost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try having still tap water with a dash of lime or dash cranberry juice to your drink .... good luck it's a tough one
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, Cosmopolitan and Mojito are both around 150 calories.

Crystal Lite and rum is popular here.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I just don't drink. But, I'm 27, married and have 2 kids.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't. Alcohol is about the worst thing you can have if you're trying to lose weight. It is TONS of empty calories - no nutritional value whatsoever. That said, if I do want something, I'll have a glass of wine, maybe a beer (which I know, is terrible for you). Wine doesn't need a mixer, but you could lighten it with soda water, making a spritzer.

If you can't stand wine, and only drink liquor, and don't drink diet - you're looking at TONS of calories in one swig. Like the others mentioned, there's tonic water, soda water, club soda, or just drink it straight/on the rocks. Otherwise, as soon as you add fruit juice, soda, or cream, you're basically drinking a dessert worth of calories in each little glass.
  • jennlee80
    Options
    Unfortunately tonic has added sugar. I usually do gin/vodka with club soda. You could add a lime squeeze and some truvia (natural sweetener), splash of cran, pineapple or even just a squeeze of orange!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Bring individual packets of crystal light -I use cranberry immunity but pick the flavor you like. I order a shot of vodka, large glass of water and mix it right there. About 90 calories for a good sized drink. Also, Target has the Skinny Girl Margarita packets and my friend said they are really good. Can't help you with the dark liquor but maybe diet coke?
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a Whiskey Girl: Crown and diet coke!
  • kcarter949
    Options
    I am on another diet plan right now, but a couple years ago I did Lindora Weight Clinic. Since then I have stuck with what I learned there because it has seemed to be very affective.

When dieting stick to your high proof alcohols with limited sugars/calories. The three you should be drinking is:
    **Vodka
    **Whiskey
    **Scotch

When using a mixer you should only use Diet Sodas or Soda water. With soda water squeeze a couple lemons and a lime; ,ales for a great cocktail =)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    use tonic or club soda, and try adding your own flavours like a touch of fruit juice, and stevia if you need it sweet but dont want unnatural sweeteners...
  • kclm13
    kclm13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda with a lemon and a lime (the spash of cranberry juice also helps).
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't drink much really but I have gotten to where I like the 64's and 55's of the light beer. Never really liked beer but I've gotten to were I do now, the light is much better tasting for me...
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I drink flavored water (i usually get from walmart) they have a ton of different flavors and I mix it with bacardi. it's like zero calories and it's super tasty. We call them bottles of nothing :)
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    UMMMM HELLO!!! What an awesome idea!!!
    Bring individual packets of crystal light -I use cranberry immunity but pick the flavor you like. I order a shot of vodka, large glass of water and mix it right there. About 90 calories for a good sized drink. Also, Target has the Skinny Girl Margarita packets and my friend said they are really good. Can't help you with the dark liquor but maybe diet coke?