VERY sore muscles!

Options
Okay this might me a long story just for one question haha. But I kind of need to vent.

So, I've been trying really hard to work out everyday! I'm still in high school, and I'm honestly sick of being overweight. I don't get teased or anything, I actually have quite a lot of friends. I'm doing this more for myself. I want to be healthier when I'm older for my future family!
BUT ANYWAYS.
I go to an alternative high school and we don't have a daily P.E program. We have 6 classes a day, and you can chose to take an additional 7th class if you need the extra credit. Well, I need the extra credit so I have to take a 7th period math class. The problem is, I need extra credit in P.E. So, on Thursdays I do a 3 hour P.E class after school to make up that credit. THEN after that I have to go to a college class to make up an extra credit for science! Haha it's just a mess on Thursdays for me!
So, Thursday night I usually don't get home until 9. Mind you, I leave for school at 7:30. And also, I don't really get to eat a dinner in between School, nigh school, and college.
So, Friday mornings can be very difficult for me to get out of bed and off to school!
Like today, I stayed home because I am SO sore! This is the second time I've had to stay home on Friday because it honestly hurts to even walk.
I don't need this because I am on the verge of not graduating, and also my dad is getting very disappointed in me for not going to school.
Is there any ways to help sore muscles? I know in time it won't be so bad, because I'll get used to it.
But just for now? Also, I still haven't worked out today, I was wondering if I did some Yoga would that help my sore muscles?
Thanks if you took the time to read through this. :] Haha.
Also, sorry if I was jumping around and a little confusing.
ADHD Kidd right here. :P

Replies

• MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    over hydrate, potassium (bananas) and keep them warm.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Try iceing your sore spots after working out and then applying bengay when you get up in the morning. I know it smells bad (they make a pm bengay that doesn't smell as powerful) but it really helps. Hope this helps you.
  • Erica9903
    Options
    Good Grief kiddo...your Thursdays are a nightmare. Just keep in mind that won't last forever. The only advice I have for you is to get up and go to school no matter how sore you are unless mayne you could do the class for an hour and a half on 2 nights rather than just the one. Walking the soreness out will help more than you think. Drink lots of water to prevent charlie horses and eat planty of fruits and veggies. You also need to pack a sandwich or something on Thursdays since it's such a long day that way you can still have something to eat between your classes in the evening. Get some biofreeze and rub it on those muscles..that may help with some of your pain. Good luck!!
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    Mmm bananas. :]
    Alright. I'll be suree to bring some bananas to school or something! :]
    And I always drink lots of water! I've cut out all soda.
    But I do drink crystal lite.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    I THINK YOU NEED TO PLAN BETTER. YOU SHOULD NOT WORK OUT EVERYDAY SO PLAN FOR THE LONG DAYS TO BE YOUR OFF DAYS. WEIGHT LOSS WILL BE HERE FOR AWHILE. SO DON'T MESS UP SCHOOL OVER IT. DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AND THE GET THRU SCHOOL JUST THINK ONCE SCHOOL IS OVER YOU WILL HAVE TONS MORE TIME. JUST FOCUS ON LOSSING A LITTLE EACH WEEK. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GAIN WEIGHT THAT IS 1/2 THE GAME.

HOPE THIS HELPS
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    Good Grief kiddo...your Thursdays are a nightmare. Just keep in mind that won't last forever. The only advice I have for you is to get up and go to school no matter how sore you are unless mayne you could do the class for an hour and a half on 2 nights rather than just the one. Walking the soreness out will help more than you think. Drink lots of water to prevent charlie horses and eat planty of fruits and veggies. You also need to pack a sandwich or something on Thursdays since it's such a long day that way you can still have something to eat between your classes in the evening. Get some biofreeze and rub it on those muscles..that may help with some of your pain. Good luck!!

Yes, they are a nightmare! Haha. But I wish I could do it 2 days instead of just on Thursdays, but that's not an option at my school. :[
    But a few people have said to get some sort of muscle relief thingg so I might have to try that. Thank you! :]
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    I THINK YOU NEED TO PLAN BETTER. YOU SHOULD NOT WORK OUT EVERYDAY SO PLAN FOR THE LONG DAYS TO BE YOUR OFF DAYS. WEIGHT LOSS WILL BE HERE FOR AWHILE. SO DON'T MESS UP SCHOOL OVER IT. DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AND THE GET THRU SCHOOL JUST THINK ONCE SCHOOL IS OVER YOU WILL HAVE TONS MORE TIME. JUST FOCUS ON LOSSING A LITTLE EACH WEEK. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GAIN WEIGHT THAT IS 1/2 THE GAME.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Well, my only long day is Thursdays. :/ And I don't really have a choice because if I don't go to P.E then I won't graduate. :[
    But maybe if I don't work out the day beforee, It won't hurt so bad on Friday!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofin, ice packs, and rest.
    Yes on the yoga, especially if you do breathing excersizes.
    If you can find the time, try the yoga first thing in the morning. Ever noticed how a cat will completely stretch as soon as it wakes? They're on to something....
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Additional activity will definitely help your soreness. Yoga is a good option, but pretty much anything is going to help. Just getting up, showering and moving about your normal day will relieve a considerable amount of the muscle tightness, which will in turn help you feel less sore. Unfortunately, sitting through classes will allow the soreness to return, but you can work it out the same way you did in the morning. Simple movement.
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    Ibuprofin, ice packs, and rest.
    Yes on the yoga, especially if you do breathing excersizes.
    If you can find the time, try the yoga first thing in the morning. Ever noticed how a cat will completely stretch as soon as it wakes? They're on to something....

Hahaha. :]
    I'll try stretching right when I wake upp. I know a feww yoga poses, or positions. Whatever you call em'.
    Thankk you for the suggestion. :]
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    please remember one thing: DO NOT MESS UP SCHOOL OVER THIS!! I understand that weight loss is a very important thing for everyone on here myself as well. but you need to put school first. do what you can. you might not loss as much but it is better than lossing nothing. there is no amount of weight you can loss that will bring graduation back if you do something like not going to school.

i am not saying that lossing weight is not important but at this point in your life school should come first.
  • Shamrockkx
    Options
    please remember one thing: DO NOT MESS UP SCHOOL OVER THIS!! I understand that weight loss is a very important thing for everyone on here myself as well. but you need to put school first. do what you can. you might not loss as much but it is better than lossing nothing. there is no amount of weight you can loss that will bring graduation back if you do something like not going to school.

i am not saying that lossing weight is not important but at this point in your life school should come first.

Yes, I understand, and I completely agree with you.
    Thank youu. I'm really working my butt off to graduate! This whole month, though, has just been crazy!
    I just need to get back on track.
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    last summer after i played 2 games of softball back to back my legs would kill me.. so my mother in law gave me epsom salt to put in bath water and i would soak..it worked for me but im not sure how healthy it is and all. but it did help. and icy hot. i just started 30 day shred and after the second day i was in soo much pain...i just got up and did my stuff anyway and by the end of the day it was better.
  • Mobstang
    Mobstang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Creatine can help a good deal with muscle soreness. It keeps the muscles hydrated as well as a couple other benefits.

I just drink the recommended amount the day of a heavy workout, typically a little before, and notice a definite reduction in soreness the next day. For me I don't really have a need for it every day, just occasionally. It is important to drink plenty of water since more of your bodies supply will be pulled into the muscles. Obviously you will also carry slightly more water weight but it is worth it to be able to stretch for your goals.