What do you guys think about Lean Cuisine or Michelina's

Options
So I have tried the Michelina's from walmart and wondered what you guys thought about them. They are very low in calories but how good are they for you. Any thoughts

Replies

• MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    watch the sodium
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    watch the sodium

This. The calories are usually pretty good, and some of them are REALLY tasty, but make extra sure you've set aside enough sodium in the day to fit it in. Eating meals like that can put you over on your sodium in the blink of an eye.
  • angelarose12
    Options
    the Lean Cuisines are yummy. Everyone I have tried so far are good.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I eat the lean cuisines and healthy choice a lot for lunch. They are quick, easy, portion controlled and I like to eat something warm when it is cold outside. Many of them are pretty good on sodium too and have no preservitives.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    good for a quick fix but overly processed and "unclean" food overall.... i had a healthy choice last night for the first time in probably a year. LOL. it was okay... nothing delicious... but was in a time crunch.
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "Diet" meals are great if you are in a pinch. However, they are ALL high in sodium. Have them as a last resort, but compensate by having fresh fruit/veg and lots of water as a side :-D
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Blech, IMHO. I like Healthy Choice meals much better.
    Believe it or not Marie Callendar has a few meals < 400 calories! Those wouldn't be in the "diet meal" section. The Pot Roast one is really yummy.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Michelina's is good but it is too small. I like lean cusine and healty choice they have better protions.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love the Lean Cuisine. When I'm working I use them. I watch the the sodium count,
  • amyj78
    amyj78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    They serve their purpose, but I wouldn't eat them every day. I keep a small stash in my freezer for times I'm in a pinch. Like everyone said, they are very HIGH in sodium and not always that filling. Eat with a big side of veggies for a more complete meal. You can make your own 'frozen' meals to have on hand by freezing healthy leftovers from dinner. A lot cheaper and a lot better for you and you know what is in your dish.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I buy the weight watchers smart ones but I try not to eat them too often because of the amount of sodium. I think it's that way with just about all the frozen prepared meals. They are great for when you don't have the time (or energy lol) to cook...but like anything else, once and a while isn't bad. At least not in my opinion and experience. :)
  • mikeylikesit1177
    Options
    I'm thinking of only eating them for lunch Mon-Fri. I dont have a lot of time to prepare for lunch
  • helenamonks
    Options
    watch the sodium

This. The calories are usually pretty good, and some of them are REALLY tasty, but make extra sure you've set aside enough sodium in the day to fit it in. Eating meals like that can put you over on your sodium in the blink of an eye.

I like the Michelina's they are normally waaaay tastier than the lean cuisines, and its normally a bigger portion. Healthy choice isn't bad either!
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    I eat lean cuisine and weight watcher's meal fairly regularly. I track my sodium and these are both very well balanced. I have never gone over a day due to either of them. And they are pretty tasty. :)
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The best ones, in my opinion, are the Healthy Choice Steamers. A lot of fiber, reduced sodium and great portions with lots of veggies. My favorite is the chicken red pepper alfredo. Delicious. 260 calories. Yum!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The Steamers are nice once in awhile, but they are heavy on the carb side.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The Michelina's ones are too small for me. And only halfway decent in taste.
    Smart Ones are all pretty gross to me.
    Lean Cuisines have stepped up a bit and are very tasty. (avoid meats other than chicken or shrimp though, the beef stuff is still gross)
    Healthy Choice Steamers - both the bowls and the flat steamer trays - are where it's at. I love those things. Tasty, doesn't really taste like a microwave meal and can be found on sale for less than two bucks if you stay on top of things. I think they're $1.98 at Walmart, $2.08 at Target and are currently on sale at Lucky for $1.88.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    As a treat, I like the new Lean Cuisine thai chicken spring rolls. 3 for 200 calories. You'd never guess it wasn't an appetizer at a restaurant. De-licious!
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    I've tried Lean Cuisine, Health Choice and Smart Ones. I prefer the Lean Cusisne and Healthy Choice steamers. I've never tried Michelena's. I like to keep them on hand for lunch when I don't have time to prepare anything. They're a hot meal, no work involved and reasonably priced but like everyone's said, watch the sodium!