Question for the ladies

Options
Ladies,

How many extra calories calories do you need when its that time of the month?

Yesterday I was very hungry. Today is day 1 and I'm still kind of hungry all day.
I think I've been eating healthy, still sticking to my diet rules and calorie goals. I'm just curious.

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    For me, I notice there are certain days before my period that I am extremely hungry, more so than other days! I believe it's completely normal. There's some scientific way of describing it that I kind of know about (related to our cycles) but I'm not even going to begin to try and explain it because I'm sure I won't do it properly, LOL!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Your body only burns more calories during ovulation, which is on average 300 calories more a day. Don't eat more it is just hormones making you hungry. Try eating higher fiber higher protein foods, that will keep you feeling fuller longer.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You don't need any extra calories during your TOM. You may be extra hungry (I was yesterday) and you can eat a little more if you want. It won't hurt your weight loss, just make sure it's healthy. But, it's just your hormones causing cravings, your body doesn't actually need more calories.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's a great time for the Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds 100 cal packs. Just enough chocolate and it's still healthy.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have the Blue Diamond w/ Dark Chocolate! Yum!!!

Thanks ladies!
  • SaraAnne
    Options
    How many more calories do you need when you're on your TOM? Anyone know?