A question for the ladies...

Options
I would like to know if any ladies have experienced this. When I was gaining weight, my breasts were tender as they were getting larger. Now that I am losing weight I have the same tenderness. Is this because of the weight loss? Anyone out there experience the same thing? Just curious.

Replies

• DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    I've been having it lately too and was wondering the same thing. I don't know if it was to do with losing weight or that time of the month... would be interested to see if someone has an answer to this question...
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    I've been having it lately too and was wondering the same thing. I don't know if it was to do with losing weight or that time of the month... would be interested to see if someone has an answer to this question...
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have not had the same experience (or maybe I have but not to the same degree). I have absolutely no medical background or anything but if I had to guess why I would say that large changes in weight (up or down) can cause changes in your hormone levels... but that is just my guess.
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    not me.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    i noticed was serious shrinking xD haha
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Trying to ask this 'delicately'. Do your bras still fit? Could it be a lack of support? I wear a running bra on the treadmill that's so tight I have to have help getting it back off. (my husband happily volunteers for this) You could be bouncing around too much.

The tenderness as you were getting heavier was probably things shifting as more fat filled in around the nodes and glands.

1horsetown
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that pain.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I'm a nursing student who has this same problem. It's not weird to get tender breasts or even fatty deposits or lumps in them while losing weight. This doesn't mean that if anyone finds a lump they should automatically think it's weight-loss and not go get it checked out. The advice about your bra not fitting properly too is also very sound advice.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I had this happen. Are you weight lifting at all?
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I have that same issue, but never connected it to weight loss- could be!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I have it around TOM where I never had it before, but not at other times.