Does Zumba for the wii get good results???

Options
I haven't tried Zumba at all but I keep hearing so much about it and how it is better than 30 day shred. What I'd like to know is are people losing a lot of weight when using the Zumba for the wii?

Replies

• eteezie
    eteezie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good question; I'd like to know. I need something else to help diversify my workouts.
  • Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    only way to really gauge this is to get a Body bug, and zumba wii away to see what cals it may burn. For me personally the Elliptical seems to be the most efficient for cal burns. I got back 800 the other day with one hour of work. It's low impact, kinda boring but seems to really work. Also play sports. I love basketball so it is easy for me to play half court with friends for an hour, dropping 688 cals smiling the whole time. If Zumba Wii makes you move and sweat I can't believe that it is doing nothing...its more how much its doing that is the question.
  • Kellybegone
    Options
    Awww man! I LOVE the elliptical! Too bad I don't have access to one! BOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wish I could use my elliptical it's too painful on my back...I might have to give it another try :)
  • Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    haha, actually been on the P90X program for a while too, and I like that. But that elliptical isn't half bad...I went out and got the Mio HR/Kcal burn monitor, and I like it a lot. I just start the timer, and collect my HR now and then, and when I stop the timer it tells me how many cals Ive killed. This would be good to measure your Zumba Wii work out it was about 50 bucks at sports chalet. Best part is you don't have to wear the strap thingy on your chest.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Zumba Kinect can burn about 500 to 650 caloiries for 45 minutes if you are really giving it your all. The Wii Kinect should do about the same.
  • callmekaterene
    Options
    I do the Zumba for the wii, and I do a medium intensity for a medium class and burn about 700-800 calories in 45min! I love it. Time goes by so fast. I had the Zumba 1 wii game but I got Zumba 2 (which is WAYYYYYYYYY better) and I am obsessed, and I am a big girl!!!! LOL