Am i Preggers? and Dieting help!

Options
Hello! Im an active MFP junky and i have run into a problem. i tend to get mindsetted about weight loss and everything like that and im great for a month and then, BOOM, outta no where i hit that dreaded food wall. Either it's a test of willpower and i cave in and eat my cravings or going through a stressful event that occurs, i get very depressed about it and comfort myself with the only thing that i know that will get me thinking better about that situation and that's, you guessed it. Horrible Horrible HORRIBLY Fatty foods. Plus i love my at home workout, but i had put it on hold for a while bc my schedule got crazy busy and my living room has gotten occupied with clutter and work from my bf's business.
Now, i have come back to reality after what i thought was a pregnancy scare, still not sure about whether or not im actually preggers, but in this case i kinda dont want a child at this current moment. I am busy getting a career in Massage Therapy completed, first with completing school and getting more money, THEN i want a family! I am getting tested today, i am buying a test and seeing if i am or not (for that reason alone wish me luck that it's a negative result). So i hope all you MFP peeps can forgive that i gained 3 pounds of stress eating.
So my plea for help and advice is when i find out that im not pregnant and back to reality, i need dieting advice asap. i keep hitting a 7 pound loss and never get passed that point bc of life's many stresses. Anyone on a diet right now that works for them? even if it's the 1200 cals, i need to know what you guys are eatting that i can stick with also. thanks for any advice or help

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    Options
    you should prabably find out if you are pregnant first.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Your weight gain could be from your hormones being all out of whack too. If you are pregnant, or maybe you'll be starting. Take the test and go from there.
  • chantalwhite
    Options
    So did u get the test results? I find if I plan out my week's worth of food then I'm good. I eat a lot of chili made with ground chicken. Fills me up so much and a cup and a half is only 260 calories!!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    yeah i know, but i was even talking about the dieting thing from before. I doubt i am preggers, but for precaution sake, im taking it because it really was a scare. It was a very early TOM and and i just wanna make sure, bc it's done mow and lasted the same amount of time as aregualr one... So i bet it's irreguar, but cant be too sure
  • Bearface115
    Options
    So did u get the test results? I find if I plan out my week's worth of food then I'm good. I eat a lot of chili made with ground chicken. Fills me up so much and a cup and a half is only 260 calories!!!

Not yet, i will later toniht when i come home from work, im buying one before i go home
  • kimi233
    Options
    When I first started working out, mine was very irregular. One month really late, the next really early, but now its back to normal.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Oh ok, that makes me feel better. It's weird bc i didnt think anything of it until my twin and bf both and seperate times said WOW didnt you just have it! and my twin convinced me to just test myself when it stopped. but im never that way plus my diet is sooooo outta wack!! eating like a cow and craving sugarry everything. like i couldnt get enough sugar cravings to stop and craved things i never thought of getting usually and the list goes on, lol including feeling queasy here and there and Smelling EVERYTHING including bad oders which mad me nausious. Lets hope its just irregular, lol:ohwell:
  • kimi233
    Options
    I still have my days where I binge eat... :embarassed: and I get very nauseated now after eating all that junk!! You definitely should test and make sure, but there could be a list of reasons for both outcomes!!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you're not pregnant, I really recommend the book "The 4 Day Diet" by Dr. Ian Smith. The premise is that anybody can do anything for 4 days, and after you're past the first few days, it works back in foods like pizza, etc., so you don't feel like you're missing out. Good luck!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have that same issue with sugary foods, too. If I can MAKE myself not have them for four days in a row, then I find that I don't even crave them anymore. Get rid of the sugary foods in your house and have someone hold you accountable. I really do think it's a type of addiction!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    The first sign for me with all 3 of my pregnancies was EXTREME fatigue - I would be sooooo tired that I wanted to cry at about 1:30-2 in the afternoon - it was terrible!

I would recommend taking a look at other people's food diaries - quite a few keep theirs open to the public - find a few people with similar goals that are successfully losing, take a peek at their diary, and see if what they are doing might work for you :)
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Ill look into the 4 day diet book. i know i have heard of it, but never looked into it closly! and as for fatigue OMG im more tired than usual, but that's also bc i have been working at 5:00 am for work and coming home from school that same day at close to 11:15pm so coincidence maybe, but yeah im tired all the time recently bc of that!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    If you haven't tested yet I would just hold off until the morning when the levels are higher/concentrated in your urine.

GL w/your results.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    thanks and yeah that's a better idea to test in the morning bc i was holding my bladder in right now and i had to pee so bad and couldnt hold it any longer so i went and descided to buy the test tonight and wait till the morning. im eating anything now just to get over this stress, but keeping it healthier choice, like im eating an Oh Yeah bar and drinking Honest Tea Mango Green tea
  • dawnbrisset
    dawnbrisset Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am loving Jorge Cruise's "The Belly Fat Cure.' Basically, you are only counting sugar grams and carbohydrates.

Your goal is 15 grams sugar per day, 6 servings of carbohydrates. One serving of carbohydrates is 5-20 grams.

I feel as if I could eat this way forever, and I have lost my sugar cravings!

Check it out! http://jorgecruise.com/
  • Bearface115
    Options
    I took the test and I am not pregnant!