TOM, UGHHHHHHHHHH

Options
I understand that sometimes the weight can fluctuate a few pounds during this time, but I have been over eating the last 3 days waiting for the visit! I have been eating healthy, but 200 to 300 calories over. I weighed tonight and was up 4 lbs!

How to control the hunger is horrid. If I don't eat, I'm miserable!

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I understand that sometimes the weight can fluctuate a few pounds during this time, but I have been over eating the last 3 days waiting for the visit! I have been eating healthy, but 200 to 300 calories over. I weighed tonight and was up 4 lbs!

How to control the hunger is horrid. If I don't eat, I'm miserable!

Give it a few days. Had the same discouragement a couple weeks ago, but then I lost 3.6 pounds. Keep doing what you are doing and don't let it get you down. Have you been exercising too? That helps A LOT with everything. Good luck to you :)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    more exercise! I just had my TOM, and my whole life it has been the worst thing ever... cramps that make me cry, bloating that physically hurt me, etc... But this past TOM I exercised, and it afforded me more calories and actually made the TOM symptoms better. It worked better than Mydol, actually!
  • serabee5
    Options
    I was having the same problem and talked to my doctor about it. I told her I didn't want pills I wanted healthy solutions for appetite control. She told me to eat something every 3 hours. Not a full meal, but something substantial - a fruit, vegetable or protein. She actually strongly suggested cooking up a pack of chicken breast (no skin) tenders and putting them in the refrigerator. Then every 3 hours that would be an option. She said that if I ate a carb I needed a protein to go with it and a cold piece of chicken (1-2 ounces) would do the trick. I have followed her advice and have had NO constant cravings and in return have revved up my metabolism because my body has a constant source of good fuel. GOOD LUCK!
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That happened to me this past week. I was all emotional with TOM coming and not losing any weight and for 2 days straight, I ate like a little ravenous pig. 200-300 calories over is small compared to what I did. I was almost 1000 calories over.

I have since gone back to trying to stay on track but believe me, when I get the goldfish crackers or something I'm craving next to me, I pig out again. I'm hoping that these cravings are gone soon because they are driving me nuts.
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Give it a few days. Had the same discouragement a couple weeks ago, but then I lost 3.6 pounds. Keep doing what you are doing and don't let it get you down. Have you been exercising too? That helps A LOT with everything. Good luck to you :)

Yes, i exercise 5 times a week, burning a minimum of 300 calories, weekends, 600.
  • rikiOR
    rikiOR Posts: 13
    Options
    I never weigh my self until the last day. I always gain a few pounds of water weight during the curse. I cant exercise during that time and im soooo miserble.100 cal snack packs saved me from getting life in prison lol.
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I continue to exercise even if I dont feel like it. Very fatigue and don't work out as usual, but every calorie burned helps! Hopefully by this Sunday (weigh day) I will be done.
    Tom is so inconsistent these days, you never know!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    who is this tom guy everyones always talking about?he sounds like a jerk:laugh:

j/k