entering recipes

Options
Some things just don't add up... I wish there was a way you could just name your recipe and enter the calories and other info manually...(as in not adding ingredients). Is there? I am cooking a LOT of recipes from a weight watchers cookbook and it has all the info and by the time I enter things I know it should be a lot lower than it is. Today I entered one that should have been 200 calories less per serving... It makes me look like a failure on here but I am really doing good! Please let me know if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a way to go around this. Thanks! :)

Replies

• caribbean1019
    Options
    Dont add all the items separate, if you are following a recipe and are having a serving manually add it for example chicken marsala 1 serving and the calories. it will save it so if you make it again it will be there. I noticed the same thing when I was looking at adding entries to my foods.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    if you know the nutritional information per serving just add that......but otherwise create your own ingredients in the my food tab....that will take much longer but at least you know it will be the right information.
  • kaylamae90
    Options
    I had never meesed with the my foods tab... I just did it that way and it was so much easier. Its faster and much more accurate now! thanks!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    What if the brands of ingredients you're using for the recipe aren't the same brands they intended for use when the cookbook was written? The different brands could account for the differences in the nutritional values. IMHO, I would individually add what I'm actually using vs what the cookbook says.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely with Maggie on this. You may not be getting the accurate count if you're using what the cookbook says and not what you're really using. I'm really anal about that though! :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with the two above posters. I always enter recipes into my recipes area with the exact brands I use. I've never had one match up to the nutritionals given by the recipe itself. Sometimes things are lower, sometimes they're higher. But unless the recipe gives you exact brands and you use those exact brands, it's always safer to use the recipes section to enter your info.