Body Bug

Options
I'm starting to workout and wanted to hear about other peoples experience with the body bug. Is it accurate? Is it worth the price? Are there any bugs with the bug? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I posted a blog about it called "buggin out" at http://payfitforward.wordpress.com
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mikeylikesit1177
    Options
    isnt that what they use on the biggest loser
  • purplefreak60
    purplefreak60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My BodyMedia Fit (made by the same company as BodyBugg) came today. Its charged, registered and ready to go. So, I can't say yet, but I'm really excited about it. It has a sleep function too. Check out the web page www.bodymedia.com.

You can friend me and watch for my posts as I use it.

Oh, and I got a great price for it on eBay. New, with a 12 month subscription ($85 value) & extra band for $204 shipped.

Good luck.
    Lynn
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeeeeees. I LOVE my Bugg. I am addicted and it motivates you even more. LOVE LOVE IT.
  • RaeannePemberton
    Options
    Got mine at best buy... $174. What I like best is I needed to eat more but had no idea. :-)
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check that out.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    My BodyMedia Fit (made by the same company as BodyBugg) came today. Its charged, registered and ready to go. So, I can't say yet, but I'm really excited about it. It has a sleep function too. Check out the web page www.bodymedia.com.

You can friend me and watch for my posts as I use it.

Oh, and I got a great price for it on eBay. New, with a 12 month subscription ($85 value) & extra band for $204 shipped.

Good luck.
    Lynn

Thanks for the info. I'll be waiting to see how you like it.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Love mine! I posted a blog about it called "buggin out" at http://payfitforward.wordpress.com

Are they water proof? I swim a lot.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Got mine at best buy... $174. What I like best is I needed to eat more but had no idea. :-)

Yep, I agree. I always underestimated my burn, especially being a SAHM. I was wrooong! I still have a hard time eating as much as I'm supposed to. LOL
  • vikeschick42
    Options
    I got my bodybugg3 with 6 months subscription for $144 through Apex Fitness. I love it. Tracks your steps, shows you your spikes in calories burned, etc. Even has a feature that tells you if you were sedentary the rest of the day what your calorie burn would be. So it helps you know if you need to move more in order to meet your goal for the day. I can't log food into it since the application is blocked at work, and isn't compatible with Windows 7 which I have at home, but I've heard it's easier to log food on here anyway so it's not a biggie. I just manually keep track then what my burn is from that website and what my calories are from this website and I can do the math to get my deficit.

Good luck, I hope you like it!
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I also have a bodymedia fit from Costco 150.00 with one year membership and extra armand. Love it. Was at plateau because I was eating 1500 calories a day and burning on average 3000. Would have never known would have decreased calories more in attempt to break plateau.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    isnt that what they use on the biggest loser

That's what I'm told but I've never seen biggest loser...I work until 10:00 PM.
  • RaeannePemberton
    Options
    yes they wear them on TBL and NO they are not waterproof....
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    They have a special at 24 hr fitness right now for the new bodybug @ $169. You also get 10 months of online support. If you're interested, here is the link for the bodybuggs there.

http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/search.php?subcat=23
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    They have a special at 24 hr fitness right now for the new bodybug @ $169. You also get 10 months of online support. If you're interested, here is the link for the bodybuggs there.

http://mystore.24hourfitness.com/search.php?subcat=23

That's great, Thanks for the link!:heart:
  • kt_rubino
    kt_rubino Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I currently have a Mio Classic and was looking for a HRM with a body or ARM band for a more accurate calorie burn. Anyone use anything other than the Body Bugg?
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I have the body media fit armband. Absolutely, love it. Check out the bodymedia.com website.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I have the body media fit armband. Absolutely, love it. Check out the bodymedia.com website.

Thanks, I will. Just wish they would make them waterproof!