Metabolism boosters... 7 foods you need!

Options
I saw on the news last night, the 7 foods that will best help you lose weight. They give your metabolism a kick in the booty!! LOL!

1. Cheese - especially whole-fat, low-calorie cheese. Look for one higher in fat and lower in calories, like ricotta.

2. Almonds - roasted and unsalted (or lightly salted). This is the best nut for that "good for you" fat.

3. Coffee - BLACK! No sugar, no creamer, because they add fat and calories.

4. Green Tea - about 3 cups per day for most people.

5. Chili peppers - Something about the capsasin?? I don't remember exactly what was said, but it helps other stuff too, like arthritis.

6. Eggs - especially in the morning. Something about the particular type of proteins & fats in eggs.

7. Mushrooms - They said especially Portibello mushrooms, because they have a higher potassium count. Potassium bonds with sodium and makes it easier to flush out through your kidneys, so you will be less likely to retain water.

All sound like yummy options most of us avoid. Turns out they are best for weight loss!! I know what I will be eating for breakfast in the morning (hint: you can include most of these in an omlett!!) Enjoy!

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I usually do boiled egg for breakfast and I am a bug cheese person too, but I don't think mozarella cheese counts.
    TFS.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your news channel read The Primal Blueprint :)

Great book!

Steve
  • britneythe299
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! =)
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Also, a few other high-potassium foods (higher than bananas), in case you go over on sodium:

Pumpkin (one slice of pumpkin pie has 100% of the USDA requirement of potassium - great excuse, huh?)
    Zucchini, squash, and other gourds
    Avacados (higher still than bananas!)
    Potatoes
    Sweet potatoes

Just keep in mind that potassium will bond with sodium, and the potassium-sodium bond is flushed out through the kidneys a lot faster than sodium alone. Drink lots of water too!
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon works too. I add mine to my morning coffee,
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some great options! I know the more whole foods, less processed stuff I eat the better I feel and the less fat/calories/salt I consume.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: cant eat eggs or nuts
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info!