confused and worried

Options
so i was thinking about ways i could improve on my journey and i started wondering if i was eating enough because although i do need work on food choices, and stayign motivated with exercise i do generally stay within my goal of 1200 cals.

now i was looking around and my BMR is 1, 525 and based on my activity level according to MFP Cals burned from daily activity is 2, 060 and with me generally eating around 1200 cals that is already a deficit of 860 cals a day. which is makes me worry... does this mean i am not eatting enough?

Replies

• alissaloved
    Options
    I find all the maths hard so I just do what it says and keep it simple.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    At your weight, it's probably too much. Here's a good thread that helps explain how to determine healthy, realistic goals/deficits. MUST READ! Good luck to you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    As long as your deficit doesn't hit 1000, you are fine.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Since you are only trying to lose 35 pounds, I would say that it's too big a deficit. Try raising your goal to 14 or 1500. Your weight loss may be a little slower than you like it, but it will be healthier. And make sure to eat back any calories you burn from exercise.

1000 calorie deficits should only be undertaken with people who have more to lose than you.
  • kaite3
    kaite3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you are feeling really hungry everyday then you should maybe add in a low calorie snack. But if you aren't feeling hungry then I would say you're on the right track and keep it up!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you are feeling really hungry everyday then you should maybe add in a low calorie snack. But if you aren't feeling hungry then I would say you're on the right track and keep it up!

Being hungry has nothing to do with it. You can fill your stuff up with low calorie foods, be stuffed, and still not getting enough calories. Likewise, you can get 2000 calories from A Triple Quarter Pounder Meal and be starving three hours later. You need those calories whether you are hungry or not.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    It's generally accepted that a person shouldn't regularly eat less than their BMR unless under a Dr.'s supervision.

Try lowering your weekly weight-loss goal until it is above BMR. Recalculate your BMR every few weeks and make adjustments to diet as necessary. Like night owl said, the heavier a person is, the more lb's per week they can safely loose without touching their base rate.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    thanks its all helpfull. im going to change my goals