homemade pancakes? or ones with less sodium?

Options
Hey guys! So I love pancakes! I always buy the hungry jack wheat blends kind..the thing tho is that they have soo much sodium in them! Ill put it in my diary and be halfway to the sodium limit:( I haven't eaten them in awhile just because of that...do u know how to make homemade ones? Or know if a mix that is more natural? Thank u:))

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    They are really easy to make homemade....just add a few ingredients and mix. I have a whole wheat recipe on my blog that was really yummy. I usually make these on the weekend and put in baggies so I can grab and go during the week.
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    Oo nice I am gonna check it out!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    We make homemade, but found a sodium free baking powder to use. Almost no sodium and so tasty! Check at a health food store for the baking soda - I missed pancakes for too long!
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    UGHHH tell me about it!! I went to IHOP today and had pancakes stayed under my calorie intake but half my sodium was gone! Good thing I had them to spare..:)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Mine still have 800 mg of sodium...I've got to look into this no-sodium baking soda :-( but this is still less than the pre-made mixes and is partially due to the nutella (cut in half and save a hundred mg)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have a homemade recipe for buttermilk pancakes that are really good. Remind me and I will send it to you when I am home near my cookbook. :flowerforyou: