Exercise & How long

Options
HI, I was wondering if their was a special time to exercise or can you do it any time of day. Also how long are you suppose to exercise to burn body fat?

Replies

• peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    anytime you will do it is special enough, lol. Now about the fat burning-it's your heart rate that controls that. You have a body fat burning zone depending on your numbers. It can be found on many sites, just google it. For how long? As long as you can continue.
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    anytime you will do it is special enough, lol. Now about the fat burning-it's your heart rate that controls that. You have a body fat burning zone depending on your numbers. It can be found on many sites, just google it. For how long? As long as you can continue.

Thanks! Helps very much! :)
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i was watching Dr. Oz 2 wks ago... and although I'm not an Oz fan, i'll tell you what he said... on average a person wakes up around 6:30 so he said that you should weigh yourself right when you wake up & then exercise immediately after that, eat breakfast 2 hrs from waking up.... you can probably find info on his website or check Jillian MIchael's website.
  • honorwarren
    honorwarren Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To find your target heart rate you take 220 minus your age and then times 80% (example: I am 27 so 220-27 is 193 times 80% is 154, so while doing Cardiovascular exercise my heart rate needs to be right at 154 beats per minute. To really burn the calories you need to be in this zone for 20-30 minutes at a time. Studies have shown that doing two 20-30 minute workouts burn more calories than one 40-60 minute workout. As for the time of day, they used to sat the morning before breakfast was best, but now new studies are showing that any time of day is as good as any other time. So do what works for you! Whatever you do, just KEEP MOVING:)
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The best time of day to exercise is when you are most likely to actually do it. I am an early bird so if I don't do my workout in the morning I am kidding myself if I think I will do it at night. My hubby on the other hand is a night owl. He is out in the gym doing his workout after I have crawled into bed for the night. It boils down to whatever works for you. As for fatburning. I use the talking test. I am in my target zone when I can say a few words but not complete sentences. If I can maintain a conversation I am not quite working hard enough but if I can't say a sentence I am working too hard. Hope that helps.