Good recipe books in Canada?

Options
Hi, Im from Canada. Looking for a recipe book for healthy meals but also shows how many calories are in that meal. Any ideas?

Replies

• CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    albertan here, i just recently got the brand spankin new weightwatchers cookbook from London Drugs. i'm not on weightwatchers, so i don't understand the points values they have, but it has all the nutritional values as well, and there are loads of yummy recipes. any of the eat, shrink and be merry cookbooks are great too. and they are canadian, love the show that is of the same name on the food network. also company's coming has quite a few healthy eating specific books, they are also canadian.
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am from Saskatchewan and interested in what other's have to say.... same old gets pretty old pretty quick lol.
    You may also just want to try using the recipe tool on this site. I have realized that a lot of what I used to cook isn't actually that bad for me in moderation. For instance if I make a homemade soup or chile and have a smaller portion with a side salad it isn't too many calories and I can enjoy what I love! Moderation for me is key!
  • ladysvs
    Options
    From BC here! :D
    I go online for all recipes. I print them off if I find some! Much cheaper than recipe books! Recipezaar.com is awesome!
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Besides free websites, Clean Eating magazine and Eating Well magazine - and their websites. Some libraries will carry them or you can ask for them to subscribe. When in a rut, check your library. There are always TONS of cooking books, and it's pretty easy to tell which are healthy and which aren't.
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Born and raised BC girl....but have lived in Albetta a year because I got a job here. Not a fan of the weather or how bad people drive....also miss the mountains lol. But thx for the ideas guys!! Ive got one be merry book, and I just need some new ideas...snack ideas and soups and lunch..etc:-)