Opinions please :)

Options
So since January I have been really stepping up my exercise. I have been going to the gym 1-2 times a week and doing 30 day Shred probably about 5 days a week. Since then I haven't been losing weight at the pace I was previously. I know as I get smaller the numbers aren't going to be as large, and if I am exercising I am building muscle, but my weight loss has been really slow the last few weeks. Since Monday I haven't had much time to work out. Within the last couple of days I lost 3.2 pounds :))))

Now I am just soooo confused on what I should be doing. I have a hard time eating my exercise calories. I am usually not hungry as long as I eat around 1200 calories with or without exercise. Plus I don't really trust the amount of calories my HRM says I burned so would be afraid to eat the calories back. I was burning at least 600 calories 5-6 days a week, so maybe I wasn't eating enough.

So my point is, do I continue to cut down on my exercise if I can't get myself to eat back the calories I burn so my net calories aren't so low? I still have a good 35 pounds to lose before I would be able to really start toning my body. So maybe it is just a good idea to cut down until then? This weight loss stuff can be confusing :)

Replies

• Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    After several months here, one thing I learned is everyone is the same and everyone is different when it comes to weight loss. I've tried to stop thinking about next weeks weight or even next months and just focused on doing the things I can continue to do for a lifetime and trust the results will (eventually) follow. You know the exercise and moderate eating will eventually get you to your goals. Human bodies are not that different that yours will not respond. So keep following your plan and it will (eventually) work out. And feel good that slow and steady will last a lifetime.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Have you tried giving yourself a week to be lax on your weight loss and eating? This helps force a reboot of your body. It probably became used to the schedule you were on. Be lax for a week then change up your workouts and eating. Some days you can eat a little more than others, it won't hurt.

Once your body gets accustomed to your schedule you end up dead on that plateau. Make sure you still drink enough water and eat enough calories or your body will think it's in starvation mode and keep you at that plateau. Good Luck!
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't get disgusted. Keep exercising , and if you do not feel like eating the calories burned, don't.
    Weght loss can be slowing down since you are building muscle , which weighs more than fat. Like you said, the numbers will
    not be as good as when you first started , but you are headed in right direction. You will get there !!! Good Luck.
  • Pisces42
    Options
    What a great response to "opinions please".. How often do we not "trust" that the system of weight loss really works.. Calories in - exercise out. and get frustrated when we hit a plateau , often forgetting how far we have come. I really enjoyed your response and it also helped me today. :smile: