Walking Challenge?

Options
Hey--Is there already a walking challenge thing on here?

I could use a challenge exercise-wise.

Something simple but an accomplishment. Like 100 miles walking in a month or something.

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Hey--Is there already a walking challenge thing on here?

I could use a challenge exercise-wise.

Something simple but an accomplishment. Like 100 miles walking in a month or something.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, there might be, I know I walk about 20 minutes a night nad all day at work. I tried to track it on one of those distance things you wear, but it never works for me. So I just do it on the tread mill or a 20 min stroll around the neighborhood.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to join the SBF (stronger, better, faster) challenge - we make up our own goals and post them every day. You could start your own challenge as well.

I wear a pedometer and keep track of my steps on a spreadsheet. I've done so since 2004. It's a great motivator.
  • ShellyBee
    Options
    I would love to start a walking challenge with you. We could set a goal of 100 miles in a month if you would like let's get some people on board here!!!!!

Are you thinking teams or individual challenge? We could check in once or twice a week with our miles walked.

Yeah this would compliment my biggest weight loss losers group im in.....
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I would love to start a walking challenge with you. We could set a goal of 100 miles in a month if you would like let's get some people on board here!!!!!

Are you thinking teams or individual challenge? We could check in once or twice a week with our miles walked.

Yeah this would compliment my biggest weight loss losers group im in.....

I think just individual challenge. No need to add team challenges, I think.

100 miles in a month just sounds good to me, would be nice to know others here trying at same time. Starting today. :)
    October 8th is 1 month from now.

I just walked 2.
    98 to go!
  • tanyafuller
    Options
    I would love to join your walking challenge, I need some motivation or a swift kick in the butt! I was doing great and exercising everyday and walking everynight, and was loosing weight, then a friend I was buddied with started dragging me down the same old path I was on before......So now that I have gained back what I have lost I need to stay focused and depend apon myself to get the job done. Good Luck!!!
  • abetterme
    Options
    I would love to join this walking challenge. I do walk away the pounds dvd's so this would be a great kick in the rear for me.:laugh:
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    Anyone know of a site that will track miles across America? I'm thinking of a mapping concept. :bigsmile: