Staying motivated

Options
Hi all i'm fairly new to this program and like it a lot. I have been dieting oops sorry life style change for about 2 months seriously and really like it .Now im finding it hard to stay motivated . Any tips??

Replies

• Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You might try setting some short term goals that are non-food related. After losing say, 10 pounds, a new pair of shoes or a pedicure. Things like that. Things you WANT!
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The easy answer:

Join a challenge with a short turnaround time. That way you are focussed only on the next 4 weeks. Smaller, attainable goals are easier to reach :)

The hard part- maybe someone who has been successful defeating it can help me too:

As you start to lose weight, I am not sure. I really struggle when I reach a weight that I have been comfortable with most of my life and even though it is heavy, so it makes it easier for me to think "just this once" etc to cheating. So I have been 30-50 pounds overweight for most of my life, and when it is like only 40 pounds overweight, I tend to start to lose motivation. (Not sure if it's self-sabotage or what) but it's like I cannot even picture what I would look like at 150. Maybe this is where the myth of "set-point weight" comes from.
  • meeeshell
    Options
    Motivation for me has always been getting past the first 2 weeks. The previous poster was right, set realistic short term goals and like AA says take it one day at a time. My short term goal is 10 pounds this first month. So far I am on track. Secondly, do not look at this as a short term goal, change your outlook, make this about getting healthy and changing your lifestyle. Gather as many healthy, DELICIOUS recipes you can and try them out. Ultimately, when you are ready to really do this, that will be all the motivation you need! Good luck!