Too tired to get out of bed!

Options
So everyday during the week I start my classes at university around 11:15.. I usually get up at 9:40 for classes but every night before hand I pack my gym back and plan on going to the gym at the university. So I set my alarm for 8:00 (gives me half an hour to snooze lol) then I set another alarm for 8:30 so I have around an hour to spend at the gym.

However whenever my alarm goes off I always decide not to go to the gym because I'm so tired.. Then I wake at 9:30 and I'm still tired but I'm able to force myself to get up for that..

So my question is how can I motivate/force myself to get out of bed in the morning for the gym? What do you guys do?

Thanks!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    When I first started working out, I would sit on the couch and make excuses as to why I couldn't get up. I finally just made myself do it and of course I felt better after working out. Your motivation is you wan't to lose weight and get in shape. Stop making excuses and just do it! You'll be so glad you did.
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    go to the gym after classes that way you get a lie in and you still get a work out
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The more I exercise, the better the quality of my sleep and energy. Just make yourself do it, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how great you feel. Not getting your exercise in could be what's causing you to be so incredibly tired.

Or, you could have a medical issue, and should consult your doctor before beginning an exercise program.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Stop setting the alarm so you can "snooze". Sleep until it's time to get up, then get up!!!!! You and only you can be driven enough to get up and get going. You have to really want this "lifestyle" change and be the one to do it. Once you get into the habit of just getting up and get going it will become part of your "lifestyle" which will make it easier to do.
  • shr85
    shr85 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with the alarm getting set for the time you need to get up and go.

I know someone who did that - and put the alarm, set very loud and obnoxious, on the other side of the room so they had to get up to shut it off. The loudness got the heart pumping for sure.

Plus, you could put a glass of water (or a travel mug, if you're clumsy like me or have cats that knock things over) by the alarm so you can rehydrate right away, that could help with the tiredness.
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    How about going to the gym after class? I can't seem to drag myself out of bed in the morning too but the gym at my university closes at 10.30pm so I can always squeeze in some time for workout in the evening.
  • Magatame
    Options
    All great advice, ill try setting my alarm for when I need to get up and a glass of water beside the bed as well.. Hopefully the excercise will help with the tiredness as well.
    Thanks
  • shr85
    shr85 Posts: 4
    Options
    Let us know if it works!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How late are you going to bed? If you're having trouble getting up at almost 10 am you might need to be going to bed earlier so you can sleep longer.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I force myself up by cursing myself if I don't get up.