menstruation?

Options
Is there a way to factor in menstruation for added calories allowed? I am sooooo hungry when premenstral. I feel like I could twice as much as normal.

Replies

• Tarapip
    Tarapip Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to factor in menstruation for added calories allowed? I am sooooo hungry when premenstral. I feel like I could twice as much as normal.
  • Fatbridesmaid18
    Options
    Having your menstrual cycle doesn't burn calories. The reason why you are so hungry is because you are having food CRAVINGS brought on by the hormonal changes that take place in your body during menstration. If you want a trick for beating the munchies try this: whenever you are having a craving, or if you feel sooo hungry that you want double portions, go workout. A quick jog around the block, a few jumping jacks or even a couple sets of crunchs will help take your mind off the craving. Plus, you will actually burn calories so that you can eat MORE without gaining more weight. Another trick is to drink a tall glass of water when you have the munchies or right after your first helping of dinner. :drinker: This will make you feel fuller without eating twice the amount. Good luck! :smile:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I get the same way. So I simply trying an ramp up my exercise to allow for those calories. Not only that, but sweating and keeping active helps to release some of the water gain and irritability I feel.
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! Me too! What is up with that! I feel in total control any other time of the month! And so yesterday, a patients mother made cc cookies, well I had I believe 7! And they were big too! Haha! I couldn't even weigh myself the a.m., I was so scared!! Its rough being female!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe there IS a bright side to menopause.....:huh: ??

( I can begin to believe that now that the worst is over....I can sleep again, I'm FINALLY losing weight, the power surges are a mere glow:mad: , and oh yeah.....Aunt Flo has gone for good:bigsmile: )

Ez
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe there IS a bright side to menopause.....:huh: ??

( I can begin to believe that now that the worst is over....I can sleep again, I'm FINALLY losing weight, the power surges are a mere glow:mad: , and oh yeah.....Aunt Flo has gone for good:bigsmile: )

Ez

My thoughts exactly. I had to have a complete hystorctomy, and put on 50 pounds after, but I'm so glad not to have any visits. Pretty much every day is the same.

But I remember the days when I was starving from morning to night

Good luck, drink lots of water:drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Increase your calcium to no less than 1200 mg a day and magnesium no less than 400mg a day. Increasing your calcium is proven to reduce bloating, cravings and mood swings associated with pms.
    :smile: