WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION !?!?

Options
Im on the way to loseing 80lbs and im 2 days in. my motivation is no matter what if i dont give up i will lose this weight.But sometimes its not that easy,soreness,hunger,injury,and sometimes the diets them self dont even work or stuff like the wine diet seem like a good idea but thats because your drinking lmao.so what can you do....well for me its simple excerise,eat right,and most importantly change the way you have been trying to lose weight because it clearly doesnt work.this means seting smaller goals,learning to hate the foods you love that will kill you one day and recored everything.

thats just a few things i am doing to better myself.remeber its not a diet its a lifestyle change to be skinny you cant act fat.

*please comment and friend me if you like

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    my motivation? happiness.. I want to be happy with myself inside and out. If I take care of my soul, I will have peace. If I take care of my body, I serve God better with the Temple He has given me.

It's not easy, I have my moments, but I hear it's worth it!
  • kilojoule
    Options
    my motivation is power to weight ratio, less i weigh the faster i get. also my wife is working really hard to get fit and its keeping me motivated. GOOD LUCK!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have thn beatufull sisters and they never made me feel bad. I went on a grils weekend with them and I realized I did not take pictues before, now I do and I actually like myself.I never realized I did not.
    I feel happy and my clothes feel better. I love i!!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    my motivation? Trouble with my marriage.

I am not losing weight to "fix" it, I am losing weight to kick him to the curb. I have put up with his abuse (emotional, not physical) for years, and I am tired of it. This is not who I am.

This is also what motivated me to finally go back to school.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    knowing that people will not just see me as "big", being defined by better characteristics....fit....enthusiastic....healthy...motivated....dare i say "attractive"...
  • Mateo1985
    Options
    Motivation is easy when you lose weight. Just make sure to keep track of your progress. I weight my self in and write it down everyday. Started at 220 pounds 3 years ago. I lost weight but not fast coz I kept getting side tracked. Since joining this website and keeping the record of how much I weight I lost 36 pounds in just over 3 months. When you clearly see the progress you're making it's easy not to give up and go eat donuts or whatever got us overweight in the first place.

I was 142 pounds this morning. Happy as ever.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I want to have a baby!!!!!!! and then after I do i want to see him or her graduate high school, college and get married and have babies of their own.

I have a couple sick family members. i have to take care of myself so i can help them

But over all my motivation is to be healthy and happy
  • mbuzalski
    mbuzalski Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My motivation is fit by 40. I have always worked out and watched what I ate. But now I feel like raising kids, working and life in general has changed certain behaviors. It is time for me to regain focus. Most of my family members have heart disease and/or diabetes. I love this place and I now that I need something/someone to be held accountable too. It works for me!!
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    My main motivation is my wedding this November. I've always been overweight but I refuse to start my future with my soon to be husband as the obese person I've always been!! He loves me no matter what but I want to love me too! :)
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My brother became very heavy in his mid 20's...which led to him having sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, being borderline diabetic and a few other health issues...When he passed away last spring at 29 years old, I realized that I needed to become a healthier me because I don't want to face the health problems that he had to face. I know if he were still here he'd completely agree with me. So I quit smoking, started on weight watchers & began walking regularly. After a while I got lazy with it, but now that I've found this site, I'm more ready than ever. My brothers picture is right beside the computer which is nice for me to remember that he would want me to do this. :heart:

I have other motivators...but this one is one of my biggest.
  • Lowfatbrownie
    Options
    thank you all for shareing it means alot and i hope all of you achive your goals

best wishes jer,

*friend me if you like