crap, p90x body changes?!

Options
So I've completed about a month and a half of p90x and instead of getting lean as in SKINNY lean, I've gained weight and have become more muscular....particularly in the booty area lol. Naked, I look good, but now I have a hard time fitting into my jeans! Should I just stick to it and eventually ill get smaller??

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    are you doing the LEAN routine or the classic?

also, women sometimes need 2 cycles thru the program to get to their goals.

you can also post your q to the beachbody forums at their main site.

hth
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    as far as the weight gain, muscle weighs more than fat. You're going to add a little bulk. If you don't like your results though, then dont do it :)
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Stick with it - the majority of the changes come after day 45 for most men, and even later for most women. If your food intake is right in line with what it should be (and the macro nutrients are right) then it will work. Remember, after you gain muscle, you can pretty quickly and easily drop a bit of remaining fat by slightly reducing calories and hitting a bit more cardio, but you most likely won't have to, because each pound of muscle you create in your body will naturally burn 50 more calories a day than you were burning before!

Great right?

Hang in there and trust the system, you'll be more ripped than ever!

Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • andreanoly
    Options
    as far as the weight gain, muscle weighs more than fat. You're going to add a little bulk. If you don't like your results though, then dont do it :)

Muscle absolutely does NOT weigh more than fat. A lb. of muscle and a lb. of fat are exactly the same weight. Muscle is just denser, thus smaller looking, where as fat is all fluffy looking and takes up more space. Think of a lb. of feathers on the scale with a lb. of iron. There's less iron taking making up that lb. than the lb. of feathers.
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did it a year ago and I did the "lean" version- which really wasn't that much different than the traditional p90x. I personally did not like how my body looked afterward and hence, did not do another round. If you are someone who tends to increase muscle size easily in particular areas- this program will certainly help you out. Muscle or not...I hated the changes. This is also a very subjective matter. What some may find attractive, others will not. I personally do not like my body with more muscle definition.
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • scubastevo
    Options
    OK...I had to reply to this.

By area, muscle weighs more than fat. That's why you can lose inches and gain weight. P90X has this effect on many people, especially in the first 45 days or so.

Having gone thru the program twice, with the primary goals of getting lean and strengthening core, P90X classic will drastically improve your core strenght and overall fitness. Like you, I gained weight at first, but also noticed good strength and endurance gains. I ended up having to supplement jogging into the week of training, usually skipping the yoga day.

Remember, it is very difficult to gain muscle and lose weight at the same time. You'll probably reach a point soon that muscle increases slow down, and weight loss speeds up, as your body adjusts to the calorie needs of your new muscles.

Stick with it...
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    If you like how you look naked its working.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I second that! I can't wait for that day till the day where my wife says Dang, you look good naked ;)
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Muscle absolutely does NOT weigh more than fat. A lb. of muscle and a lb. of fat are exactly the same weight. Muscle is just denser, thus smaller looking, where as fat is all fluffy looking and takes up more space. Think of a lb. of feathers on the scale with a lb. of iron. There's less iron taking making up that lb. than the lb. of feathers.

Per unit of volume, muscle does indeed weigh more than fat, which I believe is what this poster was pointing out. One cup of muscle will weigh more than one cup of fat. Therefore, it is possible to have your body physically taking up the same amount of space, but weighing more if it is composed more of muscle than fat.
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options

that made me giggle :)