I've fallen and I can't get up

Options
Due to stressful issues and things gone wild at home...I have fallen off the wagon BIG time...every time I try and get back on I just fail miserably....I was kickin *kitten* and I'm sooo mad at myself right now cuz the scale is way up

Yea Yea I know everyone gets stressed out and it will pass and I will continue the journey, but seriously...

WHAT is one thing that you make yourself do...or that you say to yourself..to stop the bullsh!t and get it together again?

I am about to push the button on my life alert necklace..............HOLLLLLLLLLLLA at me people

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    :-(

When it happens to me, it's usually sufficient to get away from all the stressors, and that usually means going for a walk, away from people, things, familiar stuff. Sometimes, I'll get in the car and drive somewhere, then go for a walk.

Seems to get my head straight, and whilst I'm out walking, I'm not eating or drinking. Bizarrely, it helps if it's raining!

Dunno if that helps any.

{HUG}
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    :-(

When it happens to me, it's usually sufficient to get away from all the stressors, and that usually means going for a walk, away from people, things, familiar stuff. Sometimes, I'll get in the car and drive somewhere, then go for a walk.

Seems to get my head straight, and whilst I'm out walking, I'm not eating or drinking. Bizarrely, it helps if it's raining!

Dunno if that helps any.

{HUG}

completely agree!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, because it does happen to us all, Peppa, I just remember that the hardest part of getting back on the wagon is climbing up on it and trying to get back into habits again.

Your body is going to crave sugar, caffeine, etc. You will get back in the swing of your healthy habits again though, you just have to get over the few days/weeks hump of it feeling hard to do. It always helps me to remember that it gets easier.

I know you can do this girl!! Just remember, it sucks the hardest climbing back on the wagon, then it's routine again.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have been in the same situation and I still get there at times... what I do sounds harsh but its reality.. I placed pictures all over my house of the *fat* me .. and when I get to the point im stressed or something happens its a constant reminder of why I am doing this... to see visual images of myself the way i dont wanna be anymore gets me pissed off even more and motivates me to go get on the treadmill or instead of that cookie grab some grapes....or giving up.. makes me more motivated than ever to show myself I CAN DO IT!

You can do it too.... life gets hectic and gets frustrating we are all human... so dont be hard on yourself :) Today is a new day!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon, I just try to focus on ONE thing at a time. So maybe I won't worry about my eating but will make sure I get all my water in. Once I'm back in the swing with that I'll focus on adding a ton of veggies to each meal. Next may be to really watch the sugar or salt, or whatever it is that's getting to me. Little steps make the climb back on a little easier. Good luck!
  • countrylady2002
    Options
    I don't know if this will work for you, but it's what I do when I get off track. Stop and think about why you want to lose weight. What is it that you want from losing weight? Once I concentrate on the why, then I usually get back on track.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of big hugs and letting you know that you are loved and I believe in your ability to find the best solution to your continued SUCCESS. You're a WINNER~~believe that and live it from this day forward.

Claire :)
  • cls413
    cls413 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had a really bad day on Monday, the first since I started this, and could have let it really discourage me. But I've decided that one bad day is no reason to give up on the rest of my life. No matter how hard it is, or how long it takes, I'm going to keep putting forth the effort. Any time I fall off the wagon, I just have to remind myself of that.

Also, I can't find it now, but I read a blog post yesterday that said, "every slip is not a fall," which I think sums it up very nicely.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In general, I stay a little more relaxed regarding my calorie goal. So if I'm having a stressful day, or a day where I'm just really hungry, having a snack isn't a big deal. If it makes me go over my calorie goal I don't stress about it. It's just one day, it won't hurt anything. Having a little more freedom makes it easier to stay on track through the really stressful times.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Shut your eyes, take a deep, deep breath and find a happy place. Tune all of the world around you completely out. You can do it, you just have to learn how. Keep your eyes shut for a few and regroup. Then exhaul, open up your eyes and handle the problem at hand. Don't try and fix some one else's problems, just yours. And don't allow anyone to mess with your journey. You are in control of that, no one else. You are the only one that can allow some one else to mess with your journey. Now get back in the wagon and ahead full. We are all behind you 100%. I have faith you can do it.
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone all good things to try. Definitely gotta get back to the GOOD habits.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I'm struggling with the SAME thing....I dont think people around you, not referring to people on here battling the same issue, but people around you in your day to day life, understand how hard and frustrating it is...They dont realize the control that food and a bad lifestyle has on you unless they do it for yourself, so I say get in a group of rel supportive people who do understand...take one day at a time and don't beat yourself up over the bad....when you see youve done good, do something good for yourself (not a food reward though).... Just keep on keeping on...it'll get better and you'll get back on track.
  • sherab69
    sherab69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The most important thing I aways remind myself is that I am going to make mistakes so not to beat myself up!
    Just Shake it off , start again and not let myself get in that downward spiral of guilt and self loathing.

Also remind yourself when you are stressed out that excercise will release those feel good enorphins that can help you stay calm and feel better!

Just keep trying and I know you will succeed! :happy:
  • darth151
    darth151 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well Tanya,

This is a toughie cause I usually do the same, but find that will using this website I can stay a bit more focused. The good thing is that you not back to the starting weight. I have had a week where I followed the diet to the letter and I put on a pound, I was gutted. The stress is another matter as it always used to get me reaching for a beer or a big bar of chocolate....not good. I had an op for cancer 18 months ago and have been told that excess fat will not help if I am to keep the cancer away, so this helps keep me a bit more focused, I also dont want to be out of breath running after grandchild playing football.

Like bbygrl5 says the hardest part is getting back on the wagon but once your on and back in the swing you'll not be long in loosing what you've gained......I am sure of that.

I deal with my stress by putting my headphones on a listening to some music or walk the dogs while listening to my music....not to mention the counting to 10 and a few sware words.....lol

Good luck
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I vowed to myself no more excuses and promised myself no matter what that I was going to change this once and for all. Alot is just about pushing thru the drama
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Life sometimes gets in the way, that is sadly just how it is these days.

I know it's hard but you have to get to the point where you are ready to continue or you'll really struggle. You can do it! I am not one to talk as I've been 'off plan' for almost 3 months now (long story) but back 'on it' now and looking forwards to doing well and reliving my old successes.
  • nushkat
    Options
    I hear you.... started off so well but my weekly average would mean me gaining weight at the moment. So very peed off at myself :(

It's so hard to convince yourself to get back on sometimes because you feel like you've failed. I make insane rules like "I'm not eating more than 100 cals a day this week" but I know that is very very negative thinking and borderline anorexic. So at the moment, I am starting each day anew (even though I weigh more now than when I started and I'm too ashamed to add it to my weigh in!!) lol

Good luck hon x
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am going back and forth with the issue of changing my ticker weight...it makes me feel like I failed but them maybe it will make me wanna get back there...hmmmmm:embarassed:
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Good Luck! Just keep moving!
  • adsumodo
    Options
    all you need is one good day and you will feel ten times better!!! hang in there!