Eating out/ celebrating my B-day.....

Options
Challenge for the day. It's my birthday and of course with a birthday comes a celebration and all the food with it. Not too worried about over -eating. I've looked at the menu and am keeping to the salad as an appetizer and I will be having seafood (broiled of course). My challenge will be the wine. Planning on only have two. My hubby is baking me my favorite cake (home made pound cake). Mind you I am not a big cake eater- do not like store bought. Just wanted to share and here what you have to say is it okay to indulge for one day. I plan on exercising a half hour more today. ALready did my two mile power walk. God I feel good.

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It is definitely ok to indulge! I have two days off from counting calories every week and it hasn't hindered my weight loss one bit. There have been times when I've gained a pound or two of water weight from too much sodium, but that always goes away in a couple days. Don't worry about enjoying yourself. It's your birthday!
  • apollopom1
    apollopom1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you've got all of your bases covered and should be fine. The extra workout will probably take care of the wine, too. Enjoy yourself and just realize it's only one day.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Enjoy yourself and just realize it's only one day.

Great advice!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    happy birthday one suggestion have diet lemonade with your wine it only 1 cal and will make your wine last longer so you are less likely to over indulge that being said one day isn't going to hurt you might be an idea to look at how many cals you could have on a maintain day I'm told that if you do that and stay within those limits then the "damage" you do tonight wont result in a weight gain x
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I agree with the others, one day isn't going to hurt anything. I have one day a week (Saturday) that I treat myself but don't go overboard and I still workout. Have a great day!
  • j9matthews
    Options
    Enjoy your day. It sounds like you are going to be able to indulge a little and still find the balance you need because you are planning it intentionally. I hope you enjoy a fabulous birthday. If you over-do it more than you think... exercise tomorrow. Happy birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • leahmolidor
    Options
    I have started going to the gym any time I plan to do some drinking and it seems to help keep off the extra pounds I was gaining when I had a few drinks. You should definitely let yourself splurge, especially on your birthday! If you're too strict on yourself you are more likely to throw in the towel. I let myself splurge usually once a week and I firmly believe it keeps me going stronger during the week. Happy birthday!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    most definately ok to have a treat or two on ur bday :D

eat drink n be merry lol

enjoy ur nite

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • pocketsam
    Options
    I had my birthday yesterday and weighed in at of 98 lbs - so I switched to maintain (dont want to go lower). That gave me 1600 play with. I had two lots of cake, ice cream and some chocolate. You are allowed to enjoy your birthday ^^

However I woke up at 2am with terrible tummy cramps - I think from the sugar and just extra things I havn't eaten this year.

I dont know if anybody else experienced the same as me, but maybe something extra to be aware of? Also brush your teeth for a bit longer tonight lol my mouth felt like the bottom of a hamster cage this morning!! haha.

Happy Birthday <3
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to be here with all of you. Thanks for the support and all of the LOVE....

My Kids - I have 3 boys and they are in the kitchen washing the dishes and cleaning up so I don't have to do it. I am truly blessed to have them and of course all of you for so much continured support.
  • pitaj24
    Options
    Im so glad to see that you take a day off in the week from this, I work 6 days a week and am really structured however on Sunday all my efforts seem to go out the door with the family caos...This weekend is my sons 10th bday and of course there is pizza and bday cake involved if I were to log this all my calories would be gone with just those 2 things, with nothing to eat the rest of the day. Frustrating at times!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My birthday is Monday and were celebrating tonight so I plan on indulging some but I'm also going to be on the dance floor too Having fun- Enjoy your birthday I know I sure will enjoy mine!!