Taking control after a binge?

Options
My mom sent me a valentine's day care package with my two favorite things - homemade vanilla cake and muffins. Long story short, they only lasted two days and now I'm feeling DISGUSTING, weighed down, bloated, and it triggered a huge craving for more junk food/carbs.

I had a healthy breakfast so far today but I'm still feeling gross and off track, and I was wondering what I can do to get myself back in gear. What helps you get back on the wagon after you've had a bad couple of days?

Needing motivation - I'm being irrational and letting this get me down way more than I should!

Thanks!

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *S*
    that's just called 'life' ..and .. 'life happens'.. no biggie... just do what you are doing, don't let having eaten those goodies make you any less determined to continue to eat in a healthy manner.

Healthy doesn't mean you will never indulge in those treats on those rare occasions.. just means you will get back to your new 'normal' manner of eating afterwards rather than beating yourself up about it forever and feeling like you just somehow failed... you didn't fail.. sounds to me like you learned something.. no? *S*

hang in there. .. *S*
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I say go for a nice long walk or run outside, and drink lots of water today. I definitely overate yesterday... had a healthy breakfast this morning, and now I'm headed out on a long bike ride that will hopefully get my body back to feeling good. :)
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just hunker down and get through today clean.
    You need that every once in a while, try heading to the gym to distract you and get your mind right.
    It happens to all of us, it is what happens the next day that will define your weight loss journey.
  • cindy48
    cindy48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I was right there with you. Wednesday night I just let myself go kind of planned it out. I felt horrible. All I could think of was how the next day I just wanted to eat healthier because I felt so crappy. Thursday ate much healthier got back on track and feel so much better. Thought that prior to getting serious with MFP this was probably how I felt all the time and just didn't know any different. Good luck and take care (( : Cindy
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise in April. I KNOW that I will be going WAY over on my calorie goals. I fully expect to whistle when I see the scale after the cruise.

I am working hard to exceed my goals before the cruise, and I will do the same afterwards.

Life happens. We accept it and move on.

You can do it... we all believe in you.
  • rrjs
    rrjs Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks everyone (: