Options
Has anyone tried this program?

Replies

• KeepingitMovin
    Options
    Never heard of it, what is it?
  • tootsiekef
    Options
    It is an internet diet site I found. Basically you eliminate most sugar from your diet. Focuses on eating fruits, veggies, fish, chicken, and rice. The program doesn't want you to eat any whole wheat bread, white bread, and no artificial sweeetners. You are to use butter instead of margaine. Wondered if anyone had success with the program.
  • 5grn9
    5grn9 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, I actually work with someone who did the flat belly diet and she lost about 60 pounds- she did have a lot of weight to loose prior to starting it. She actually has brought the book into work and I have looked at it. Basically you should include MUFAS in your diet, which are monosaturated fats (the good fats per say), so like nuts, certain oils, avocado and such), you also are suppose to drink 64oz of "sassy water" a day. After looking through the book it almost seems its a lower carb diet with major portion control and incorporating the healthy fats by eating one with each meal (the MUFAS). It did seem to work for her, I would recommend getting the book.
  • tootsiekef
    Options
    Thanks 5grn9...I was thinking about getting the book. I know one thing about my body when I incorporate more protein and less carbs my spare tire seems to go down. However, I don't lose the pounds but the inches go down. I think I am going to order it from the library and see what I think before I get my own personal copy.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    You're planning on buying something that tells you to eat healthy in order to lose weight?!

But... you already know what you should be eating and should cut out from your diet.

Just eat healthy and exercise daily :) Good luck to you!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Hi It may be a good plan to kick start weight loss but please remember that your goal should be to learn to eat health everyday in the real world. can you really give all those things up forever. By the numbers people who loss weight quickly and than go back to eating normal put the weight back on quick. Just something to think about
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Flat Belly diet.

I think you should buy the book and do a little reading up on it.

The focus of the diet, is to eat small meals about 400 calories each. But you get four of them, and the point of this is that you are still cutting calories from the normal 2000 down to 1600. But by eating every 3-4 hours, you're not that hungry.

Its not really low carb, the first few days start you off eating cereal, its about eating the right kind of carbs. The major focus however is like your other friend said, eating the unsaturated healthy fats. Like a little peanut butter, avocado, nuts, dark chocolate.

I'll be honest, the first 4 days are pretty restrictive. You do have to stick to the options they give you. But once you get past those first 4 its smooth sailing!

I have been at it for 3 weeks and lost 10 pounds! And I'm not hungry if I eat every 4 hours like it recommends. Plus i LOVE the MUFAs. Nothing wrong with a little piece of chocolate at the end of the day.
    Another good thing is that you can mix and match, once you get the basic principals of the diet down, you can pick what you want to eat, as long as it follows the rules. (I hate diets where you are stuck eating the same things over and over.)
    Also, even after I reach my goal weight, I think the basics of this diet can be incorporated into a healthy lifestyle. I feel 100 times better then I did before starting it.