Just got my HRM in the mail....

Options
and I LOVE it! I'm so glad I bit the bullet and spent the money. It's sooo worth it! I actually look forward even more to working out and seeing what I'm truly burning. Definitely made me realize how inaccurate machines readings were for me!

Replies

• Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I got mine about 6 weeks ago and I love it! It's such an incentive and makes you push harder on cardio as you can see your effort levels. The only down side for me was that all the gym machines and MFP calories burned are way out for me! I must have a sluggish metabolism because I have ti really work it to see big cals burned. Enjoy, the investment is well worth it :smile:
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a hrm on my birthday wishlist....I cant wait!!!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    liz, it's not so much a reflection of your metabolism as much as it's a reflection of your fitness level... the more fit you are, the less hard your body has to work... so you burn less.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    Hey, hubby is going to order me one for V-day.

What brand is yours? Does it have a chest strap?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations as to which are most accurate, I'd appreciate it.

I'm trying to stay in the 100-150 price range.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for one now too. Would love to hear people's thoughts on which ones they like!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What brand did you get? My mom just asked what I wanted for my birthday and that was top of my list.
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey

I got a Sigma PC15 for christmas, it comes with a chest strap and I think its a great tool to have! Its ecg accurate (which is good enough for me!) and has a good lot of features including a calorie counter. I would recomend it :-)

Hope you dinf something you like :-)

PS, the chest strap is comfortale to wear - which suprised me to be honest! The watch is a little bulky, but not overly in my opinion but one the plus side, the watch face is very clear to read when working out

xx
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My boot camp instructor has recommended the Polar brand for all of us women in her boot camp. I just ordered the F4. It does all of the basic stuff and it has a chest wrap. Everyone in my class who has been there a while has them and loves them.

They are about $100 if you buy them at a store. She ordered ours online and got them for $83 including shipping. But I think she had a special deal for ordering more than 1.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    My boot camp instructor has recommended the Polar brand for all of us women in her boot camp. I just ordered the F4. It does all of the basic stuff and it has a chest wrap. Everyone in my class who has been there a while has them and loves them.

They are about $100 if you buy them at a store. She ordered ours online and got them for $83 including shipping. But I think she had a special deal for ordering more than 1.

Hey, is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Bronze/dp/B001U0OFD2/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IQ0TYXF65EHMD&colid=3T9M4A7M3B1C3
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @chrish I totally just followed your link, clicked buy, and now I expect to see the HRM within a week! I guess I needed to just do it too!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    liz, it's not so much a reflection of your metabolism as much as it's a reflection of your fitness level... the more fit you are, the less hard your body has to work... so you burn less.

I must be quite fit then!!!!! ;-), trying to increase my metabolism with some more strength training as I focus too much on cardio! Yes it is good for fitness level indicators, I'm alway quite pleased when my max heart rate is lower when I hit the hills, indicates an improvement.
  • momof3babes
    Options
    Mine is the Polar FT4. I got the bronze/pink one off ebay. I spent $65 brand new in sealed box. It does have the chest strap, which I do wear and it doesn't bother me a bit. I just place it right along the bottom of my sports bra. Don't really notice it!
  • scoleman81
    Options
    I just received my Polar FT7 in the mail today. I purchased it off Ebay for $65 including shipping NIB. Can't wait to try it out with my Insanity.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Virtually useless.
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar F11 from Amazon and I love it!!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today in the mail today too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to open it early for Valentine's Day gift! I got the Polar FT40 in White. I LOVE IT!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    hands down i loved my POLAR FT7 and my new RS300X, but I just got a bodybugg/bodymedia and like it much more since it counts my entire day's burn and doesn't depend on HR but takes 4 other measurements like sweat, heat, etc.

i blogged about it if you would like to read... http://payfitforward.wordpress.com and the post is called "buggin out."