Hello! I'm a newbie!

Options
Hello all! I joined MFP last monday and have been doing really well all week. My goal is to lose around 140 more pounds. I know one thing I need is motivation, motivation, motivation :-)

I've been working on making a list of rewards for losing pounds and staying on MFP plan. I'm curious as to what your rewards are for yourself.

Replies

• coxy1968
    Options
    Hi Im also new to this, i started yesterday, how many calories a day are you having?
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hallo!
    I'm sure you'll get the help, support and motivation on here.
    I reward myself with a long bath and a trip to the hairdressers.
  • knewbry
    Options
    I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time and my reward is either a massage or a facial - only 1 more pound for that treat.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! Good luck!
  • billyboombox
    Options
    Whatup Newbie!!!
    Congratulations on joining MFP... Which rewards you choose for yourself say alot about your pending success. I know myself and understand that I can't tempt myself with edible rewards, so I reward myself with actions. I have for the longest time never been able to enjoy the simple things in life like going for a nature walk because I at one point weighed almost 400 pounds. So now at 230 pounds I treat myself to an all day airshow, walking at an amusement park, walking around a lake with my beautiful wife, spending an afternoon with my nephews flying my remote control airplanes at the park, renting a pontoon with friends and occasionally enjoying a glass of wine (only once or twice a month, if I've been good) so good luck and enjoy loosing weight!!!
  • steffilily
    Options
    @ coxy...i have 1460 calories a day. I played around with the setting for calculating your calories a day...i noticed that for every 10 pounds you lose, they adjust the calories by making it 50-60 calories less till it hits 1200 and stays there till you accomplish your weight goal. I'm gonna try and see if i can try to stay in the 1200's range as much as i can so i'm used to that. It also makes me feel more motiviated to do some exercises so i can add on the calories i am allowed to eat.

As for the rewards, here is what i have so far.....
    for every 5 pounds i lose, i get a night to myself ( i am a stay at home mom to two small children so a night out to myself is a big thing to me, haha!)
    for ever 25 pounds i lose, i get something such as high light my hair, new outfit, or something i've been wanting.
    for every 50 pounds i lose, i go see a show (main reason for this is to see how much i can sit in their tiny tiny chairs)
    **last summer i took kids to the circus and was terribly embarrassed when i couldn't even sit down in their chairs***
    At the end of my goal, i want to have a vacation where i can go zip-line. I've always wanted to do that and prefer to do that when i weight much less.

I recently decided that for each day i've stayed on track with my calories each day using MFP, i pay myself a dollar. When i get enough money, i'll go and treat myself to a pedicure.

In this week alone, i have lost almost 3 inches off my waist. That was a HUGE surprise to me. The calorie change must have been a drastic change for me. I know that usually for the severely obese people, the weight comes off fast at first, but it sure was nice. I'm looking forward to weight in on monday morning.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You will find lots of motivation and support here, tons of that, so welcome. If you are looking for a motivational friend, feel free to add me, I am also aiming for a loss of over 100